(Beta) Feedback Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
There's actually a BBCode guide hidden in the Help section. I found it while poking around last night; maybe a direct link to that somewhere more visible would help.

Another request: is it possible to clear your notifications? I often have trouble keeping track of which ones I've read already.
thank you for pointing out the help section! i'll try to make that more visible for folks.

i'll look into seeing if you can clear the notifications

webxro

Cowpoke
How about a size limit to the sig ? If we go public somebody might abuse it and make it annoying. Like 50+ lines of this
|
|
|
|

Oblivion_Walker

Sodbuster
Like other have said a few modding additions would be great like a smapi installation guide with links to the wiki or something along those lines, I feel people to the game will end up coming here before the discord for help with modding so I think it should be expanded upon.

SgtPickles

Tiller
How about a size limit to the sig ? If we go public somebody might abuse it and make it annoying. Like 50+ lines of this
|
|
|
|
Adding onto what webxro said, image size should be limited as well for signatures. Using myself as an example. Sorry if its obnoxious, I'll remove it after sometime.

Odin

Staff member
Great updates Jade! The new like icon is nice. I will say I think the dev blog link should be kept at the top, just because I don't think most people will look in the main site drop down. And it's important enough to be in two spots.

Also, maybe the report button could get a little flag icon?

minervamaga

Farmhand
Small issue with signatures - the images I added have a small line break between them that ruins the setup. Not sure how to adjust that. A preview button for BBCode mode would be nice as well.

Andrew

Farmhand
Got randomly logged out of my account. Will edit if I can reproduce the issue.

Edit: this happened while switching from WiFi to mobile data on mobile. Would appreciate if anybody else could test

Strobe

Planter
Browsing account settings: The sidebar stays for everything other than the "Your Profile" A little odd
1583625855062.png

minervamaga

Farmhand
Small nitpick - posts from ignored users still show the "new post" bolding on the sub-section. And is there a way to ignore certain threads, say if a post becomes super popular and you don't want spammed with notifs.

Odin

Staff member
And is there a way to ignore certain threads, say if a post becomes super popular and you don't want spammed with notifs.
Yes, you can "unwatch" the thread (button in the top right) and then you'll only get notifications from that thread if someone quotes you.

You can also change your overall preferences to default to only watching threads you create. (Hence my signature, unless it's my thread, I don't get notified unless you reply to my message.)

Odin

Staff member
Rounding up a few more bits of feedback that I left on the discord, but not here.
  • If possible, it would be great if the 30 day sign in limit for accounts with 2fa could be increased or removed.
  • On mobile, some elements are slightly too wide causing some pages to have unneeded horizontal scrolling. Examples would include threads and profile pages.
And one I spotted since, at the bottom of the main page on mobile, the "Share this page" section is empty:
IMG_A3A5A8F5A877-1.jpeg

Strobe

Planter
Adding to Odin's point. Do people actually click on 'share this page'? From my experience (as an UI/UX designer) most people just copy and paste the URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.