Best gem for crystalarium?

Eh, Crystallariums with Diamonds are only 150g/day, which is positively anemic compared to most other forms of generating revenue. Therefore, I'd suggest going for utility rather than profit, and crank out the Jade for staircases.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Eh, Crystallariums with Diamonds are only 150g/day, which is positively anemic compared to most other forms of generating revenue. Therefore, I'd suggest going for utility rather than profit, and crank out the Jade for staircases.
Yes Crystalariums are for obtaining resources quicker and easier, not for making profit. A bunch of them make getting your Skull Cavern kit quick and easy: Staircases, Spicy Eel, Bombs. You'll never make your g back on the cost to make Crystalariums but you have other things like Wine and Truffles for that.

Instead Crystalariums are about using g to buy time, which is a common complaint about the game. Not enough time for this 'n that? Well have I got a machine for you...

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
They scale much better than anything else though and also take much less time to harvest

They scale much better than anything else though and also take much less time to harvest
I disagree rather strongly. Kegs and Ancient Fruit are a one day workweek, and scale much better than Crystallariums, at over twice the profit per day.
Yes Crystalariums are for obtaining resources quicker and easier, not for making profit. A bunch of them make getting your Skull Cavern kit quick and easy: Staircases, Spicy Eel, Bombs. You'll never make your g back on the cost to make Crystalariums but you have other things like Wine and Truffles for that.

Instead Crystalariums are about using g to buy time, which is a common complaint about the game. Not enough time for this 'n that? Well have I got a machine for you...
This. So much this. Also consider the value of simple Quartz in Crystalariums to scale your Refined Quartz and thus sprinklers faster to have more passive crop management.

Godkin

Planter
I always go for diamonds since theyre the most expensive (that i know of) but i feel like they just take so long to produce more that it might not be worth it? :( Im not sure what other gem to put in that would produce more regularly and would give me a good amount of money when selling. Any ideas?
Diamonds, a tantalizing treasure. However, there may be other gems that hold hidden riches. Find the answer behind this mystery.

if i may speak then jade is what i want to convey

In silence, Jade kept a secret. In short, he wanted to say one thing: the staircase is the key that will save time in the dark cave. Hidden behind the steps, unforeseen mysteries unfold.

Pucasso

Greenhorn
one thing I haven’t seen anyone mention so far in reference to diamonds is fairy dust! Me personally, after I acquired two stacks of jade, I switched to diamonds indefinitely to stack up on fairy dust.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
If I only have one crystalarium, jade until I have 100 to get to level 100 in Skull Cavern and then ruby for daily Spicy Eel from there on out.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
Also consider the value of simple Quartz in Crystalariums to scale your Refined Quartz and thus sprinklers faster to have more passive crop management.
If you're ultimately after refined quartz, duplicating fire quartz may be more efficient, since you won't need as much coal. I save quartz to trade for bombs.

P.S. Have 225 iridium rabbit feet and 36 happy rabbits. Still trying to work out if I will have enough grass to feed a fourth coop. Might be only able to achieve a single stack of 999.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
one thing I haven’t seen anyone mention so far in reference to diamonds is fairy dust! Me personally, after I acquired two stacks of jade, I switched to diamonds indefinitely to stack up on fairy dust.
Fairy dust is really unprofitable and primarily just a gimmick or to speed up something for a reason other than money.

Pucasso

Greenhorn
Fairy dust is really unprofitable and primarily just a gimmick or to speed up something for a reason other than money.
Not completely true. It depends on how you value time. And who said anything about selling them? Using fairydust on ancient fruit wine cast or star fruit wine cast is definitely worth it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Not completely true. It depends on how you value time. And who said anything about selling them? Using fairydust on ancient fruit wine cast or star fruit wine cast is definitely worth it.
No it really doesn’t, the raw value of the diamond and fairy rose (especially with professions that are pretty standard at the point you are using fairy dust) far outweighs the sell cost of anything you can make in most cases.

that’s without even accounting for potential profit by just doing other stuff rather than growing fairy roses