Best fishing places and special note for iOS

redbobcat

Rancher
Fishing Strategy page on wiki has been recently updated and now has zoning maps instead of the old specific tile places (which turned out to be incorrect). The goal is to cast your bobber into a red zone. Or as close as you can when your fishing level is still low. “The player's skill level determines the maximum possible casting distance. At level 0, you can cast a maximum of 3 tiles to the south or north and 4 tiles to the east or west. The distance increases by 1 tile (in all directions) at levels 1, 4, and 8.” Which means that at low levels it is better to fish facing east or west as it gives you one extra tile in distance increasing your chances for better fish. The maps on that page will help you determine the best places.

Note, the places to catch legendary fish are still the same, that didn’t change.

iOS device users, please read the next post.

redbobcat

Rancher
“On iOS, there is a bug that alters most the Fishing Zone at most locations. The fishing zone is effectively calculated as if your bobber were located one tile northwest of its actual location. Therefore, casts to the south and east typically have a lower zone than they should; casts to the north and west typically have a better zone. This bug affects fish size/quality and treasure chest contents, but it does not affect the locations where Legendary Fish can be caught.”

Which means it is better to fish facing west (especially at low levels) or north. I’ve added blue and purple tiles to the relevant zone maps which I think would be the best fishing places on iOS. See the attachments below. Places marked with blue squares are good for any fishing level. Places marked with purple will work for level 8 and higher. I did not include town map as I do not recommend fishing there at all. Again, this is for iOS only.

CB646549-6367-41A2-B2B5-E0092D4A9DFC.png

DD939BEC-588A-4E7E-B602-EF5370A2CDE8.png

A909F796-CBC7-4B46-B948-569C0DEC2968.png

Last edited:

Chililover

Planter
“On iOS, there is a bug that alters most the Fishing Zone at most locations. The fishing zone is effectively calculated as if your bobber were located one tile northwest of its actual location. Therefore, casts to the south and east typically have a lower zone than they should; casts to the north and west typically have a better zone. This bug affects fish size/quality and treasure chest contents, but it does not affect the locations where Legendary Fish can be caught.”

Which means it is better to fish facing west (especially at low levels) or north. I’ve added blue and purple tiles to the relevant zone maps which I think would be the best fishing places on iOS. See the attachments below. Places marked with blue squares are good for any fishing level. Places marked with purple will work for level 8 and higher. I did not include town map as I do not recommend fishing there at all. Again, this is for iOS only.
I never knew how useless the river in town was lol!! This is very useful!