Auto Grass Grower

Rotan

Sodbuster
One trick is to plant grass starters and put something over it. I use lightning rods to 'save' the grass and as a fence. I have a pretty big fenced in area, so all my 'fence' has grass under it, and I do 'grass feeders' inside my fence.

You have to pull and reset them every year though cause the grass has to go down first.

redbobcat

Rancher
One trick is to plant grass starters and put something over it. I use lightning rods to 'save' the grass and as a fence. I have a pretty big fenced in area, so all my 'fence' has grass under it, and I do 'grass feeders' inside my fence.

You have to pull and reset them every year though cause the grass has to go down first.
Yes but that takes a lot of protected grass starters, like in your case the whole fence plus additional feeders. Wouldn’t it be better to have just a couple of devices that could achieve all that?

Ereo

Helper
But that would make it so easy...
If they grew 3-5 grass every day, you'd only need 2 or 3 per coop/barn to keep your animals always fed. If you plant enough grass starters, animals will not eat it all. Of course, it means having a large enough area for them. Having to balance the space you need with the space you can use for other things is kind of the challenge, for me.