PC Any issues running Stardew Valley on macOS Big Sur 11.0?

Slapjaw

Newcomer
I'm working with the Dec 24, 10PM update of Stardew Valley, Big Sur 11.1, and latest steam.

@EiraEan Will you please describe how you got controller to work? I have a Playstation DS4 that worked well for me until I updated to Big Sur, and now it won't work for me (bluetooth or wireless) in Stardew Valley purchased via Steam. The Playstation DS4 does work via bluetooth in Cross Code in Steam and am also able to run other games outside of steam.

The behavior I have also observed is described in further detail in these Steam posts:
  1. Game controller support doesn't work in MacOS Big Sur
  2. Gamepad driver installer failed Mac OS 11 Beta
For now, I've started trying to learn keyboard and mouse for this game, which appear to be working fine.
Any luck getting the controller working with Big Sur and Steam/Stardew?

Doux

Greenhorn
It says invalid platform whenever i try to start up Stardew Valley. Im using Mac with Big Sur 11.1. Does anyone know why its doing that?

Slapjaw

Newcomer
It says invalid platform whenever i try to start up Stardew Valley. Im using Mac with Big Sur 11.1. Does anyone know why its doing that?
Its got something to do with the way Big Sur's Kernel is locked down now and Steams controller drivers can't install -

Doux

Greenhorn
Its got something to do with the way Big Sur's Kernel is locked down now and Steams controller drivers can't install -
Ah right, fair enough. Has anyone found out how to fix that or do i have to wait until the next update?

WoohooWoohoo

Newcomer
Hi, I just found that the co-op mode can not work when the Host PC is a Macbook with Big Sur 11.1. Still not sure the reason...

Here's the issue description:

The host can still launch into the co-op mode normally, and the partner can join the game normally at the beginning; However, the game will be freezed in minutes, the game on the host Mac not responding and we have to terminate the application. This problem appears everytime when the host PC is Macbook.

Any clues would be highly appreciated, thank you!!