Animal Crossing: New Horizons hype thread

Odin

Staff member
Never played AC before, so I'm looking forward to trying the series out for the first time!!

SurfingMimikyu

Sodbuster
Never played AC before, so I'm looking forward to trying the series out for the first time!!
I think this will be one of the best times to get into it, so many new features and QoL changes on top of it being on a portable console like the switch. I hope you enjoy it!

Less than a week until the console releases :love: Gotta prepare for the data move

Also
ANIMATED WALLPAPER AND FLOORS FINALLY IM SO HYPE

SurfingMimikyu

Sodbuster
This is the most excited I have been in a few years. Contemplating if I will be sick that day :hmm:
Calling in sick to play new horizons sounds like a great idea to me
one day i will join you all when i get a switch 😭
Hopefully soon, I wanna get up to shenanigans with you and toe again... maybe with less flower trampling next time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

i'm really excited!! it feels like it's been ages. what are y'alls fave villagers?
I don't think I could pick a definitive favorite but some villagers I've had that I really like are Lily, Cookie, Frank, Peanut, and Frita. Who are some of yours? (excluding Apollo)
Less than a week until the console releases :love: Gotta prepare for the data move

Also
ANIMATED WALLPAPER AND FLOORS FINALLY IM SO HYPE
Animated wallpapers look SO GOOD. I really hope the lunar horizon and paw-print walls are animated, assuming they make a return.

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
I've never played Animal Crossing but have heard too many good things, so I'll have to try it! By the way, have you all seen the memes with Animal Crossing and Doom?! They're both coming out on the same day and a bunch of people have been making memes and fan art because of it. Even though I've never played these games, I just love how cute and friendly all the interactions have been. :giggle:❤

Here's a few of them!

Meme/Fan Art sources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/doomcrossing/comments/f9l7vn https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/fahe7x https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/f6hde8

Attachments

lowlins

Tiller
The Doom animal crossing memes are funny. My husband will be playing the new doom while I'll be playing animal crossing. Can't wait!

I don't think my favorite character will surprise anyone....

Odin

Staff member
By the way, have you all seen the memes with Animal Crossing and Doom?! They're both coming out on the same day and a bunch of people have been making memes and fan art because of it. Even though I've never played these games, I just love how cute and friendly all the interactions have been. :giggle:❤
I had not! These are great, thanks for sharing!

I won't be getting AC, but I will be getting DOOM Eternal. Cheers:
I'm debating about picking up Eternal or Alyx, probably would get more enjoyment out of Eternal. There's so many games that week my poor wallet
💸 Probably will also pick up Eternal to RIP AND TEAR

SgtPickles

Tiller
I'm debating about picking up Eternal or Alyx, probably would get more enjoyment out of Eternal. There's so many games that week my poor wallet
💸 Probably will also pick up Eternal to RIP AND TEAR
I feel ya. I really wanna pick up Alyx, and it may work on any VR headset, but apparently the best experience/most accurate response is the Valve Index, which can be $1000 :(

I feel ya. I really wanna pick up Alyx, and it may work on any VR headset, but apparently the best experience/most accurate response is the Valve Index, which can be $1000 :(
I might wait to see what people think of it on an Oculus but of course it's designed to work best on Valve's hardware 😕 Worse case is we have to watch someone play it.

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
We're so close to release! Who else is going to be staying up way to late tonight?
I wish! I'll be up first thing in the morning though. Didn't think I was going to be getting the game right away, but my bf said he wants to play it too, so we're gonna go ahead and get it. Super excited!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i'm gonna most likely get the game in april so it will be a little later than everyone else, but i'm very excited to see what thr game is like and everyone's reactions. do we get a native fruit in this game?