An epic finale

Matthew T.

Farmhand
I think the game needs some sort of epic ending other than the community center. (although that's pretty epic lol) I think there needs to be an epic boss fight that the entire town has to participate in, maybe this could occur once you get you get to the bottom of the skull cavern.

Grimzy

Planter
Эта игра не о драках и эпических боях. Не забывай об этом. Игра полностью посвящена другим вещам.

Я считаю, что финала в этой игре быть не должно. Эти дни на ферме должны длиться вечно
????????

I took the time to Google translate this. Please provide your answers in English as it is stated in the rules.

TRANSLATION:
This game is not about fights and epic battles. Do not forget about it. The game is completely dedicated to other things.

I believe that the final in this game should not be. These days on the farm should last forever

MY REPLY: The game does include combat and weapons so it is possible to expand more on the game and add in battles etc. based on suggestions and if the creator chooses to do so (:. There are a variety of things you can do in game: fishing, mining, cooking, socializing, crafting, and more. Each person is free to enjoy the game as they'd like. I think this is a great idea Matthew ^_^.

Last edited:

Septima

Farmhand
Or maybe something like different kinds of finales. Maybe one is a monster fight, or another sort of wraps up some of the loose ends about Stardew Valley's universe, or there's a final confrontation (and downfall?) with Joja Corp that boots them from Pelican Town entirely. This could be based off of one's friendship levels with various townspeople and other actions (how often one interacts with NPCs, say), or simply a choice posed by Mayor Lewis - "Well, Farmer, would you like to help us rid the town of these monsters? No, the actual monsters, not Joja!"

tommybob

Planter
I think there could be a cool event with the wizard and witch maybe, something like a quest but I don't think that needs to be a finale to the game, the CC goal is a semi-ending point but that's a wholesome time.

Matthew T.

Farmhand
????????

I took the time to Google translate this. Please provide your answers in English as it is stated in the rules.

TRANSLATION:
This game is not about fights and epic battles. Do not forget about it. The game is completely dedicated to other things.

I believe that the final in this game should not be. These days on the farm should last forever

MY REPLY: The game does include combat and weapons so it is possible to expand more on the game and add in battles etc. based on suggestions and if the creator chooses to do so (:. There are a variety of things you can do in game: fishing, mining, cooking, socializing, crafting, and more. Each person is free to enjoy the game as they'd like. I think this is a great idea Matthew ^_^.

Thanks! I think It would just be pretty awesome to have some sort of battle that not only wraps up some of the loose ends throughout the game but also gives the people who enjoy the combat more than the farming a goal to aim for :)

Matthew T.

Farmhand
Or maybe something like different kinds of finales. Maybe one is a monster fight, or another sort of wraps up some of the loose ends about Stardew Valley's universe, or there's a final confrontation (and downfall?) with Joja Corp that boots them from Pelican Town entirely. This could be based off of one's friendship levels with various townspeople and other actions (how often one interacts with NPCs, say), or simply a choice posed by Mayor Lewis - "Well, Farmer, would you like to help us rid the town of these monsters? No, the actual monsters, not Joja!"
Yea I think maybe they could be intertwined! where you have to beat this boss (maybe giant slime or some rogue robot that maru created) and throughout the different stages of this boss battle you get dialogue and plot points to really rap up some loose ends from the characters' stories. This would also give a really meaning to when the fortune teller says "I see a dark shadow looming over you and (Insert possible partners name)" I just think that could be a really cool precursor. Maybe they could also add dialog throughout the game building up to what this boss could be :)

Also I forgot to mention this but I love the idea of the friendship level you have with people affecting there "ending" during this boss battle. This might be a bit dark for the game but maybe you have to pick between two randomized townsfolk and one lives on but one tragically dies. it would add a lot more weight to the story but is a little off for stardew so maybe not. It would also be cool to see a happy or sad ending for every character.

JackMoon

Cowpoke
I agree!! I tought the same the other day. It have battle mecanics that aren't bad, and games like Rune Factory have bosses. So, a final boss will be a very interesting feature.

Septima

Farmhand
It's certainly possible the "finale" is entirely optional. If you'd like a more relaxed life on the farm, participating in whatever the finale(s) is doesn't have to be mandatory. Maybe there could be a very specific trigger for it - going with the "rogue Maru-built robot" example, maybe there's a switch that, if you interact with it, it'll give you a prompt along the lines of "Flip the switch? Who knows what could happen!" This wouldn't indicate to new players that there's going to be a battle or anything, letting them experience the whole game to see what they do and don't like, while seasoned players (or simply those that habit the forums/wiki) can have the choice. And naturally, nothing bad happens if you don't flip the switch or something.

Matthew T.

Farmhand
It's certainly possible the "finale" is entirely optional. If you'd like a more relaxed life on the farm, participating in whatever the finale(s) is doesn't have to be mandatory. Maybe there could be a very specific trigger for it - going with the "rogue Maru-built robot" example, maybe there's a switch that, if you interact with it, it'll give you a prompt along the lines of "Flip the switch? Who knows what could happen!" This wouldn't indicate to new players that there's going to be a battle or anything, letting them experience the whole game to see what they do and don't like, while seasoned players (or simply those that habit the forums/wiki) can have the choice. And naturally, nothing bad happens if you don't flip the switch or something.
Yea! Then for more relaxed players, it won't seem like an impending doom.

Andre

Farmhand
I always though that grandpa returning and judging your accomplishments at the end of year 2 was a very emotionally charged moment, and a very nice "ending", especially if you've managed to complete the community center. I like that the storyline of Stardew Valley is centered around looking for a simpler life and finding happiness in nature, friendship and a strong sense of community. For me, there's no final monster that's bigger than Joja.

haggismctubby

Greenhorn
As satisfying as the completing the community center is, it kind of feels like the first act instead of a complete game. I think too much is left unsaid with regards to the Witch and Wizard. Considering what little information we have gotten from the Wizard regarding her, it could be a very compelling and emotional Act II

Matthew T.

Farmhand
I always though that grandpa returning and judging your accomplishments at the end of year 2 was a very emotionally charged moment, and a very nice "ending", especially if you've managed to complete the community center. I like that the storyline of Stardew Valley is centered around looking for a simpler life and finding happiness in nature, friendship and a strong sense of community. For me, there's no final monster that's bigger than Joja.
I completely agree, its very much a nice spiritual ending, but there really isn't a big ending for the combat side of the game.

maybe the wizard attempts to confront the witch however fails as the witch becomes corrupted by hatred she tries to bring the town back to the dark ages leaving behind a trail of ruin she truly makes it old fashioned the graveyard is instead a small hut as any sign of joja is erased completely the abandoned house becomes a storage shed as you hurry back to your farm you meet grandpa again if you have a spouse she runs out of the house as it collapses holding a child if one exists you suddenly feel so happy that grandpa is back but the witch ruins the moment as the bus comes smashing into the rubble of your house pam comes to your home asking who the old man is you say that it is your grandpa as she says the witch destroyed her trailer or home if restored and that you need to fight her your grandpa gives you a sword only known as the iridium blade stronger than the galaxy sword pam talks to penny if she is your spouse if not she comes back with ripped clothes and a wooden sword she says she got it from marlon suddenly all of the people living in marnies house rush to your group as a stampede of animals come smashing through the cindersap forest entrance as you here the sound of the witch transforming another building comes crashing down abbigail pierre and carol come running towards you as the wizard returns with krobus and the dwarf suddenly the whole town attemts to leave on the bus but see it is gone they go to your house and all with a weapon supplied by marlon him and george say they are the wheel-corsairs as the witch comes you all fight her you control your self and all townsfolk are ai's if you die you respawn andmust replay the whole cutscene once you beat her evrything suddenly returns to normal including grandpa as he slowly fades away the wizard erases pierres mind and disapears krobus happily waves good bye joja is still terminated or still a movie theater maru finds a crystal in the witches pocket and demitruis asks to expeiremnet it you keep the iriduim blade as the credits roll after that its back to normal
note: event is triggerable by going to the entrance to witch hut after the wizard is at 8 hearts and the mysterious qi and goblin problem quests have been defeated the wizard asks if he should confront the witch saying yes triggers this event saying no saves the cutscene for another time and it is ignored till the next season