Does anyone else NOT get married?

AshySlashy

Sodbuster
I haven’t married or even dated in the game yet. Though I do get my hearts up. I feel like they’re all great for each other instead of me haha. And also can’t tie this one down! I’m like water on a hot skillet working on my farm haha. tzzsss 🤓

Anhaga

Rancher
Yeah, I almost felt guilty breaking up some potential relationships, but I do like the cut scenes! It would be nice to see some other characters fall in love and marry though. I mean I have some matchmaking ideas in case CA wants my opinion. :smile:
I'd love some friendship paths where you could get singles up to 10 hearts by making solid choices to steer them into relationships with each other.

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
I've married 4 of the dateable woman so far. Leah, Haley, Abigail, and Emily. I have yet to marry Maru or Penny. Abigail is the one I am married to right now in my current game. I see it as a core part of the game so I always aim to get married at some point.

I had a few files were I passed on it though, and I found I did have more time for chores..ha.

Last edited:

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I'd love some friendship paths where you could get singles up to 10 hearts by making solid choices to steer them into relationships with each other.
As much as I like this idea I wonder if the couple that you matched together would see it as your fault when they broke up. If they did break up and you got blamed wouldn't you lose hearts?

Anhaga

Rancher
Yeah but would it be worth the sudden drop in hearts because of something you can't control?
If this got worked in, there could also be dialog options that allow you to have some influence on that breakup process so that either you could shift them toward an amicable break up, or shift it so that one is happen with the breakup (you gain friendship there) while the other is unhappy (you lose hearts with that character), or toward a huge dramatic outburst where they both hate you . . . so many possibilities!

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
If this got worked in, there could also be dialog options that allow you to have some influence on that breakup process so that either you could shift them toward an amicable break up, or shift it so that one is happen with the breakup (you gain friendship there) while the other is unhappy (you lose hearts with that character), or toward a huge dramatic outburst where they both hate you . . . so many possibilities!
No way. Too much like real life. Lol.

AshySlashy

Sodbuster
I hate dealing with npcs. I feel like they're my last priority. Lol.
I alternate days on farming, nps, mines, etc. I feel like I would like more nps in the winter when there’s less to do. And I also really enjoy ways to get unique items. I hoard items so much haha 😊

callmeglaiza

Farmhand
Honestly, I actually want Clint and Emily together and that's why I probably won't marry Emily until later in other saves hahah.

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I alternate days on farming, nps, mines, etc. I feel like I would like more nps in the winter when there’s less to do. And I also really enjoy ways to get unique items. I hoard items so much haha 😊
Same. I actually made a calender for all the seasons. Basically took the calender off the wiki and made it more manageable. I plan to do gifts during birthdays and hopefully that'll get me enough brownie points to last me a bit. I'm in no hurry to finish this game.

redbobcat

Rancher
I haven’t married in the game yet, just not interested I guess. Plus it sounds like an extra choir. Honestly, my games end around 3rd year. I would complete all the major stuff, have money rolling in ... and get bored. So I start a new farm :smile:

Anhaga

Rancher
I haven’t married in the game yet, just not interested I guess. Plus it sounds like an extra choir. Honestly, my games end around 3rd year. I would complete all the major stuff, have money rolling in ... and get bored. So I start a new farm :smile:
So far, it hasn't been too much of a chore on the games where I've gotten married--I just make a habit of giving the spouse one of their favorite things every morning, giving them a hug, and then move on with my day. It hasn't really added anything, though.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I get married in all of my games, but I have considered files where I don't get married or take my time getting married at all. On my switch game I'm going to get married at year 3 instead of end of Y1 as usual