How many hours have you clocked in the game?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I see people's playtimes scattered about the forums, so I'm interested in seeing what the average is for you guys!

I have 865 hours on steam, with 5 years being my farthest year (I normally started a new save with each new big update, but I think I might keep my 1.4 save for the next update since I still need some endgame stuff). I also have about 6 hours on the switch and maybe like, 50 hours on the ps4. I need to play those more to say the least

eliasntr

Farmhand
Got the game during the quarantine. It's a rookie number, but I'm on year 5 with 179 hours on Steam so far. It's been two months well spent. Not sure if there's an end to the game but I'm definitely going to take my time as I choke the game with more mods I can possibly imagine. It's ridiculously addicting and eats up time, a LOT. The community's really great too.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Got the game during the quarantine. It's a rookie number, but I'm on year 5 with 179 hours on Steam so far. It's been two months well spent. Not sure if there's an end to the game but I'm definitely going to take my time as I choke the game with more mods I can possibly imagine. It's ridiculously addicting and eats up time, a LOT. The community's really great too.
179 in 2 months is nothing to sneeze at! i have a lot of hours but i also bought the game in 2016 so that's something to consider. mods definitely increased my playtime too so you'll definitely get more that way

glad you enjoy the community!! :heart:

Septima

Farmhand
Someone described 179 hours as a rookie number. I started playing, I believe, a month ago? I have 57 hours over two different farms, one in the start of Year 2 and the other approaching Year 1 Winter. Though, I only play on the Playstation and naturally have to share with the rest of the family.

cloudkitteh

Greenhorn
210 hours! My longest save is on year 2, autumn at the moment. I played a ton during quarantine but now I'm a little burned out. o-o I will probably try to do just an unmodded run, to allow myself to not think about the aesthetics too much and extra mod-content, since I want to experience the full Stardew Valley without mods for a change. :bunny:

Rhiannon

Farmer
I have 368 hours. My first save got to 5 years and I had finally hit just over 1,000,000 in the bank. But I didn't like the farm layout I had chosen (river) so in early May of this year, I started over. I'm near the end of year two and feel like I'll eventually have a super fun fully functioning large scale farm. Some days I enjoy the new start and some times I'm frustrated that I'm not further along. I'm not usually a start over person in any game but felt it was necessary to reach my goals.

Anhaga

Rancher
720 for me. I bought the game about 2 years ago, in June of 2018. I do also leave it paused for a half hour at a time or so when I'm in the middle of a day and my RL husband finishes making dinner or something.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
I see people's playtimes scattered about the forums, so I'm interested in seeing what the average is for you guys!

I have 865 hours on steam, with 5 years being my farthest year (I normally started a new save with each new big update, but I think I might keep my 1.4 save for the next update since I still need some endgame stuff). I also have about 6 hours on the switch and maybe like, 50 hours on the ps4. I need to play those more to say the least
I started my farm in December,while I was on vacation from work-- 315 hours.. named "Christmas Farm" :D

Firehoshi

Sodbuster

135 hours on pc and 20 on switch...

BoneMcJones

Cowpoke
I have a measly 60 hours as I mainly played with friends or family. Plus I have the "playing game a lot when I first get it and then not play it for months" thing. I think the furthest I've gotten was year 2 and it wasn't even that far into it if I remember. Although if you want huge numbers than look no further than my older brother. They have over 800 hours on the switch version and around 550 hours on pc. They also got the mobile version recently so who knows how many more hours he'll get.

Tom

Rancher
884, but years along may be a better metric. I've never made it to Year 3, though I am almost there in my fifth run (of many; yeah, I seem to have kept a paper journal right from the start). I spend a lot of game time planning, researching, and thinking because I am an engineer. The rest of my time I spend running off without something I need. 😂

Last edited:

Gilleafrey

Sodbuster
776 on the five save files I've kept (cos I may well go back and play more in them?)

I have 3 files saved on my iPhone, where I've been playing since some time midwinterish;
Hapi, plain farm, with Leah, 266h
Gene, plain farm, w Maru, 197h
Svey, w Emily, reg farm, 235 h – main game currently, museum ✅ shipping ✅ Late-game WhatToDoWith old Joja Mart ✅ but rarest fish not all of them yet. Growing a huge square spiral of tea plants and aiming for floor 100 in Skull Cavern

Two games on the new iPad, which if that keeps crashing mid gameday, will not be a usable platform whine but it sure is pretty on a larger screen:
Tali - 46 h on a regular farm,
and
Gilles, which I'm excited about cos she's on a forest farm and doing great in her first year - 18 Winter 1 - 32 hours

I am being inspired by seeing other folks' farm designs here & on Reddit