If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

Keychain

Tiller
I'd love a fully-fledged dating system, because right now I feel like there's a huge empty gap that needs to be filled in the line of NPC romance. I think you should have to date the character for a while after you've given them the bouquet, exhaust some character-specific dating dialogue and experience maybe one or two dating-specific heart events. Once all of that has been experienced, then the mermaid pendant can be purchased. Dating someone feels very unrewarding and subtle, when it's supposed to be a bit of a big deal since you and the NPC are starting to really putting your feelings for each other out there. And I think most people just skip to marriage ASAP because of that.

Second thing would be more fleshing out friendships. I would love if you could could select maybe 2-3 villagers to be your best friends. Then you could get unique dialogue with them, maybe get heavily-modified platonic versions of their 10-heart events.

I'm a pretty big sucker for SDV's relationship building and characters. Generally stuff that fleshes that out more is what I'd love to see the most. PC players can mod in all of the content we could ever ask for, but only CA can write or oversee authentic dialogue.

Last edited:

Joe

Farmhand
I'd love a fully-fledged dating system, because right now I feel like there's a huge empty gap that needs to be filled in the line of NPC romance. I think you should have to date the character for a while after you've given them the bouquet, exhaust some character-specific dating dialogue and experience maybe one or two dating-specific heart events. Once all of that has been experienced, then the mermaid pendant can be purchased. Dating someone feels very unrewarding and subtle, when it's supposed to be a bit of a big deal since you and the NPC are starting to really putting your feelings for each other out there. And I think most people just skip to marriage ASAP because of that.

Second thing would be more fleshing out friendships. I would love if you could could select maybe 2-3 villagers to be your best friends. Then you could get unique dialogue with them, maybe get heavily-modified platonic versions of their 10-heart events.

I'm a pretty big sucker SDV's relationship building and characters. Generally stuff that overall fleshes that out more is what I'd love to see the most. PC players can mod in all of the content we could ever ask for, but only CA can write or oversee authentic dialogue.
These are really good and interesting ideas! I've thought a bit about wanting the dating to be more in depth and rewarding, and you've described pretty much exactly how I'd like it to be as well. The friendship aspect and having best friends and different versions of the heart events sounds like a lot of fun too!

Makco

Farmhand
Reeeeee it's going to ruin my marriage speedrunning! (jk)
But seriously, that would be lovely. Anything that add more dialogue and life to our beloved bachelor/ettes is a big yes, and ESPECIALLY when it's love related.

jellobean

Tiller
Adventuring in the cave is fun. Still, I'd love to see a variety of explorable areas! Others have mentioned this but an option to go sailing with Willy and see random islands or something would be awesome.

I also think more can be done with the secret woods. I forget all about this area once the community centre is complete, and going there just to chop hardwood isn't the most interesting imo. Maybe a camping event where people gather to tell stories? Just a thought 😄

liquidcat

Staff member
A beehive update! An update where the importance of beehives and bees is increased would be nice to see. I would love if we can have bees on farm and your honey is depended on the amount of bees you have and it can be expanded further. Something more akin to fish ponds.

IsaacBrumby

Greenhorn
I think that it would be great if there is more major Joja story line, I feel like once the community centre is complete, Joja is kind of over, weather or not you joined Joja, there is still not much related to Joja, I think that it would be cool to be able to have Joja themed clothes and for there to be some kind of dark story for Joja.
I also think that it would be cool to have a city of some kind that Joja has control of, and things like that; I know that I may sound like I really like Joja and stuff like that, and that is exactly what I think, Joja is a great part of Stardew Valley, and there just isn't much about Joja in the game. I know that Stardew Valley is more of a country game, but I still think that it would be cool to be able to explore a huge city.
It would be great to be able to explore more, have a huge expanded map.

I think that it would be great if there is more major Joja story line, I feel like once the community centre is complete, Joja is kind of over, weather or not you joined Joja, there is still not much related to Joja, I think that it would be cool to be able to have Joja themed clothes and for there to be some kind of dark story for Joja.
I also think that it would be cool to have a city of some kind that Joja has control of, and things like that; I know that I may sound like I really like Joja and stuff like that, and that is exactly what I think, Joja is a great part of Stardew Valley, and there just isn't much about Joja in the game. I know that Stardew Valley is more of a country game, but I still think that it would be cool to be able to explore a huge city.
It would be great to be able to explore more, have a huge expanded map.
May be there should be some quest to involve new herbal drink to replace JoJacola - some inspiration could be in story of Kofola - . Some NPC like JoJa cola and I was surprised nobody of them missing it after close Jojamart.

[EDIT] That reminds me many poeple dont know that main ingredience of cola is kola nut, the fruit of the kola tree - plant this tree could be part of quest. Kola nuts then go to keg to make kola syrup for exapmple.

Last edited:

Onenote

Sodbuster
I'd like some more bachelor and bachelorettes There's still too many singles in town dangit! It would also be cool if CA brought back the mountain area in full as well as allowing us to go to Zuzu city(or the Fern islands or castle village or grampleton) for more then just a cutscene. Maybe there could be a hotel we could stay at for a certain amount of gold each night so we wouldn't be stuck exploring just for one day? Honestly, I would probably just be happy with a little more world-building.

NerdyCat

Greenhorn
I want the Jojomart storyline expanded. Make Morris a real character you can interact with and befriend. Also I've always thought that Jojomart prices should be cheaper than Pierre's when you buy a membership. Then after you finish the storyline Pierre's is closed down and all the prices go up because there is no more competition, just like how Walmart does it in real life. But that's just my idea :)