(Beta) Feedback Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
And one I spotted since, at the bottom of the main page on mobile, the "Share this page" section is empty:
View attachment 122
i can't answer the other suggestions at the moment, but the share works for me:
Screenshot_20200309-141546.png

what kind of phone are you using? some elements might be blocked.

on the share option in general though, i agree it is not super necessary

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I would like the ability to drag + drop files to upload rather than having to manually select the file. I noticed this when uploading mods.
I also agree I'm not a fan on the transparent header now that I've looked at it for longer. It looks like a mistake rather than intended.
I looked into the drag + drop function and it works fine on description boxes. You can't drag and drop in the "attach files" option, but you can ctrl + click and shift + click to get multiple files at once. I'm unsure if we can include drag-and-drop in that specific section. It's something I can look into more, but I hope this helps.

Odin

Staff member
Also while I'm thinking of it, is there a way to disable text emotes from turning into emoji? I just want to to type : ) without needing a space

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Also while I'm thinking of it, is there a way to disable text emotes from turning into emoji? I just want to to type : ) without needing a space
There wasn't, it's not an option you can switch on/off unfortunately, but I did remove the normal :) :( :o etc. options, so you'l have to type them like you would discord emoji
Code:
:smile: :wink: :frown:
and so on

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
There's actually a BBCode guide hidden in the Help section. I found it while poking around last night; maybe a direct link to that somewhere more visible would help.

Another request: is it possible to clear your notifications? I often have trouble keeping track of which ones I've read already.
So you can't clear alerts whenever you want to unfortunately, but they do disappear after a certain amount of time. It was originally at 4 days, so I went ahead and halved it to 2. Let me know if that's better!

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
So you can't clear alerts whenever you want to unfortunately, but they do disappear after a certain amount of time. It was originally at 4 days, so I went ahead and halved it to 2. Let me know if that's better!
Is that 2 days after you've read the notifications, or two days after the notifications have appeared (even if you haven't read them yet)? Guessing it's the first one but just checking.

minervamaga

Farmhand
Yes, you can "unwatch" the thread (button in the top right) and then you'll only get notifications from that thread if someone quotes you.

You can also change your overall preferences to default to only watching threads you create. (Hence my signature, unless it's my thread, I don't get notified unless you reply to my message.)
I more meant if we didn't want to turn off the notifs for our whole account. Normally I

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
so xenforo incorporates reactions really weird and as far as i can tell, i cannot change what this looks like:
1583890086932.png

after doing my research, there are quite a few design things like that that i can't change without getting risky. it's still something i'd like to do, but we might have to wait a bit longer. thank you guys for understanding!

since tags have been added, you guys should play around with those and let me know how it feels. i can look into some other functionality type things but i think some of it is just the type of forum we have unfortunately. regardless it's valuable to hear what you have to say and it's something we can keep in mind moving forward as well

webxro

Cowpoke
so xenforo incorporates reactions really weird and as far as i can tell, i cannot change what this looks like: View attachment 135

after doing my research, there are quite a few design things like that that i can't change without getting risky. it's still something i'd like to do, but we might have to wait a bit longer. thank you guys for understanding!

since tags have been added, you guys should play around with those and let me know how it feels. i can look into some other functionality type things but i think some of it is just the type of forum we have unfortunately. regardless it's valuable to hear what you have to say and it's something we can keep in mind moving forward as well
We believe in you, take your time, it will eventually be possible, because i've seen it done, but it might take forever an a day and might not be worth the wasted time.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
We believe in you, take your time, it will eventually be possible, because i've seen it done, but it might take forever an a day and might not be worth the wasted time.
it's more that some stuff requires add-ons which i can't really mess with yet. i'm sure there are some forums that have been able to change stuff around.
i can help with plenty of stuff, but the nitty gritty of forum css is lost on me. that being said we will definitely figure some stuff out down the line :)

Odin

Staff member
I have a bit of feedback about the popups when you mark a section as read. Right now they have this bar of color behind the button, but it cuts off parts of the border. Additionally, the "Mark forum read" button is off-center.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 12.03.07 PM.png

A similar issue appears in the "post thread" popup, although there the bars serve a purpose in distinguishing headers.
Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 12.46.49 PM.png

Odin

Staff member
A few menus have some small design issues. Because there's now just one react option, the popup that shows who's reacted has two tabs with the same list in both, which is a bit unnecessary. And the login popup contains a bit of the background at the bottom, making that text tough to read.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 7.57.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 10.04.18 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.