If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

More quests/events in the game. It could range from anything. A quest for the witch. Or to be Cupid for the other marriage candidates. It's known Clint likes Emily, Harvey likes Maru and so forth but it's a choice if you want to advance their relationship as in to give advice to him/her to further their relationship. Or to set up a date. And another is trash..you see the trash in some areas of stardew valley. Lewis even comments about it during the egg hunt that could be an event. You clean up the beach where Shane thinks to jump off (woah) and an option to fix the board where the flower dance is held like the beach.
Spoiler note: in the new update, the trash situation has a resolution already.

hetzipickle

Newcomer
I think that part of what makes this game great is the story. We can get so embraced by it, that's easy to forget one guy wrote down what's going on, creating the perfect sceneries, characters, and situations. Everything else within the game departs from its story. So my main wish would have to be a development for it, almost as if a Stardew Valley Part II. I'd love to see where it'd go if some things could age, change, expand. Like, for example, being able to swim to another part of the Valley or getting further into the forest where the dance Festival is held, or even getting to know more about the current characters. So I'd vote for "more story". (Idk if that makes sense to you people).
I love this suggestion and would add that I’d like new marriage and other town characters. I’d basically see this as more of an expansion pack than update though.

Widget

Sodbuster
How bout seasonal outfits for some characters?
Kinda funny seeing people in shorts during winter.
I have a combat-focused farm, and I want a SDV version of some Mad Max armor. It would be especially funny when I come in from being attacked by Serpents, health meter spurting red, to greet sweet Harvey, who doesn’t have a combative instinct in his body, asking me if I had a nice day and calling me Honey.

alliedcvil

Newcomer
A few ideas:

1. Assembly plant / Conveyors - If you join Joja Mart maybe the ability to use a conveyor system similar to Factorio whereby you can create something almost akin to an assembly plant for your farm.
2. Expanded adventures - Similar to everyone else adding the ability to take a boat out to fish with Willy, go on a safari to catch a special animal, visit an air balloon, climb a mountain.
3. More random events, quests, and story - Ex.
- Your mom and dad come to visit.
- A thief comes into town from the train tracks and you have to try and catch them for the new town's sheriff.
- A group of campers come to town asking
- A mysterious antiques dealer shows up wanting something specific from a new cave.
4. Potions - Add the ability to make potions with the Wizard.
5. Blender - Mix different jelly and juice combinations to make special items.
6. More tools like a chainsaw, drill, vacuum if you want to clean up hay or suck up a bunch of items quickly.
7. Exercise equipment - Treadmill and weights to use in order to make your stamina permanently increase for awhile.
8. More shops / buildings - Stuff like a bakery, horse breeder that has new horses, clothing store, furniture store, water tower, etc.
9. Kids can grow up past toddlers.

EssentialDad

Greenhorn
I have a few things that i would like to see with only about 100+ hours in and reading some great ideas
there are always changes that can be made to dialogue and the like.
I'm sure the devs (or dev) will come up with some amazing new characters and adventures maybe linked to the "war"

here are a few ideas

I think legendary fish should be able to be caught multiple times per save but only one per in game year of each species, or they should be able to be raised in ponds one pond per year per species and it takes a year to gain one fish in the pond and it has a multi item requirement.

Maybe another skill or skill tree:
hunting- for deer, bear, rabbit, turkey mystery/rare animals and have either petting zoo or zoo buildings, or animal products like furs and meats. have tier skills that raise values or trap efficiency percentages.

artists- use items to create sculpture, paintings, pottery etc as part of grange display or new event and have a collection of art with values to different materials level skills to raise values and gain new abilities.

Maybe some more crafting for machines, working with Maru and Robin and even Clint to build machines or devices for your farm that do multiple things (maybe craft your own mower/tractor to use or even race :wink: ) or to expand train and mine cars with quests and item requirements for new machines

go as far as map expansions or new dimension maybe from the witchs swamp to another world with more mystical or fantastical creatures

just a few ideas

QandiCat

Newcomer
I'm sure 1.5 will have at least two or maybe even three new features in it. But if it was only going to have one, and you got to decide, what would you add to the game?
Relatively "new" to Stardew (one solo game with 35 hours of gameplay and one co-op game with 76 hours) but here are my observations and wishlist so far:
  • More stackable items. I think it's great that flowers come in a variety of colours, but is it necessary for them to take up totally separate inventory slots? Most of them come in 6 different colours, and with 3 different quality/star levels that's 18 possible inventory slots for one harvest to take up. And some items don't stack for whatever reason. For example in our co-op game we have 3 lead rods (weapon) in one of the chests. No, I don't know why. But they don't stack. They appear to be identical items but they're not stacking and they're taking up 3 inventory spots when they should be taking up one.
  • Speaking of chests, I love the ability to change the colour on them but I'd also really like the ability to label them. It's so time consuming trying to figure out okay wait was this the chest with the seeds? Minerals? Meals? Equipment? Wait a second... I'd love to be able to name them so I could just hover over it and the name would pop up and I wouldn't have to open it to see what's in it.
  • And speaking of time consuming - and this is the big one for me - I'd love to see time handled differently in the multiplayer game. The co-op game was the first time I played Stardew Valley and it's my primary game, but wow was I surprised at how different time is in a solo game. You can get so much more done in a day! When you're playing multiplayer time doesn't pause when you're looking in a chest or fridge, checking your inventory or stats or crafting something, reeling in fish, or for cut scenes! I get into a heart-event cut scene and I lose hours of gameday time. It really sucks when you're trying to get to the store to buy seeds so you can plant them that day, it's 1pm and you find yourself in a heart-event and by the time it's over the store is closed and you're SOL for planting. I was absolutely shocked when I started playing my solo game and discovered that these things don't take time away from your day.

Thrawn

Sodbuster
I've noticed SDV is pescatarian- there's no meat, save for fish!

I'd lov
e to see some actual meat added to the game through a purely optional secondary skill- like Hunting or Animal Husbandry. There's already a mod that allows for the latter.

I
t could be completely optional, so those who are vegan/don't support eating meat don't have to pursue the profession.

For instance- animal husbandry could be chosen only after the skill "rancher" is chosen, and the alternative skill (like Rancher/Tiller) is maybe something like Hothouse, which increases the yield of crops grown in the greenhouse.

Hunting would come after a certain level of combat AND Foraging is reached, and it would be Hunter/Cultivator- one is the ability to hunt deer, wild boar, etc, Cultivator is the ability to pluck forage and plant them directly- like picking up a spice berry and taking it back to the farm and immediately planting it with a higher yield than when foraging.

Blue_Three

Cowpoke
I'd love to see time handled differently in the multiplayer game.
Well, it would be odd if time stopped at all the places that it stops in singleplayer, but the cutscene idea is something I was actually going to post about. I feel like that should be implemented. You get the "Waiting on player" message at other times (like before going to a festival), so it'd be nice if that message came up for the other players when one is watching a cutscene. A friend I play with collapsed the other day because she got one in the evening.

Dahalbiraj

Newcomer
Hmm it's easy for me a brand new place with new NPC and their new dialogues would be really fun with a bit of more crop varieties in year 3+ and above along with some more trees would be perfect for the 1.15 update

quirmzi

Sodbuster
I'm sure 1.5 will have at least two or maybe even three new features in it. But if it was only going to have one, and you got to decide, what would you add to the game?
Not exactly a feature, but I'd love to know more about Zuzu City, Joja, or the war! With so many people asking for it, the additional dialogue seems to be a given at this point. A scene with Penny or Kent explaining the Ferngill Republic's history with the Gotoro Empire would be fascinating.

Anhaga

Rancher
Someone mentioned a cooking mini-game: one where you could hunt for new recipes by combining different ingredients would be great! Different fruit pies, cookies, rice dishes, etc.; you have a little window where you can drag 2-4 ingredients, click "cook it!" and see if something edible comes out. Everything would have a little food value, but certain combinations would give you actual recipes with buffs or with high health/energy values that would then be recorded in your cookbook.

quirmzi

Sodbuster
Someone mentioned a cooking mini-game: one where you could hunt for new recipes by combining different ingredients would be great! Different fruit pies, cookies, rice dishes, etc.; you have a little window where you can drag 2-4 ingredients, click "cook it!" and see if something edible comes out. Everything would have a little food value, but certain combinations would give you actual recipes with buffs or with high health/energy values that would then be recorded in your cookbook.
That reminds me of Breath of the Wild's cooking feature! It would be fun to be able to experiment with different items, like an actual chef making a dish.