Add an upvote option to this forum?

tommybob

Planter
I don't know what this means? o.o

There is a like button.
I think they mean something similar to Reddit where higher rated things move to the top but it doesn't work to well in a forum model. Forums work based on the latest posts and it would be a ton of work to create an algorithm to work with upvotes.

As Journi said, use the Like button to show your admiration for a post that's the best you can get.

Journi

Planter
I think they mean something similar to Reddit where higher rated things move to the top but it doesn't work to well in a forum model. Forums work based on the latest posts and it would be a ton of work to create an algorithm to work with upvotes.

As Journi said, use the Like button to show your admiration for a post that's the best you can get.
Ah okay, but I don't think we need this, threads who has high replies are already at the top and the forums aren't usually that busy so. :)
xD I never been on Reddit, so.

tommybob

Planter
Ah okay, but I don't think we need this, threads who has high replies are already at the top and the forums aren't usually that busy so. :)
xD I never been on Reddit, so.
Yeah it's something that doesn't work in this kind of forum model from personal experience.

Reddit is an addictive source of everything. I started using it about 10 years ago and now I pretty much live there, I can't get off it.

Odin

Staff member
@tommybob already covered most of what I would say, but we really can't add an upvote feature that actually adds weights to posts, the forum isn't designed for that. If you do prefer a forum that's based on a voting system, you can always visit /r/StardewValley on reddit :)