WIP Dialogue Mod

Hi everyone! So, a while ago, I started writing some new dialogues for a dialogue mod I wanted to create. But soon I kind of stopped playing SDV (Bad mistake, I know) so I stopped writing.

I wanted to create a progress thread for anyone who wants to see my WIP mod. Right now I'm just working on the dialogue instead of the coding. I'm aiming to create *at least* 1 line of dialogue for each heart level (0+, >4, 4+, 6+, 8+, 10+, and Married) and 1 question for each NPC. So kind of like the Canon Friendly Dialogue mod, but with more dialogue.

So far I've written dialogue for Alex, Elliot, Harvey, Sam, Sebastian, and Shane (all the bachelors done, woohoo!). All I have to do now are the bachelorettes and the rest of the villagers :wink: If you want to help me edit the dialogues I already have up, just dm me and I'll give you the link to the Google Doc I'm writing it on.

Here are some dialogues I've already come up with (just a sample). Some of the dialogues for 0+ hearts are to give the player a sense of the NPC's likes and dislikes:
KEY:
Red Text - Conditions for the dialogue eg Spring, Sundays.
Orange Text - Portrait used.
Black Text - Dialogue
Blue Text - Choices for questions and what amount of friendship points they add/take away.
Green Text - Name of the NPC

Alex
- 8+ Hearts: Fall, Mondays *Regular* “Hey, [Player]. Did you see the gridball game yesterday?” *Blush* “Maybe we could watch it together sometime.”
Elliot - Married: Spring, Fall, Windy *Happy* “The wind blows your hair up in a rather striking way.” *Regular* “It’s quite poetic.”
Elliot - 0+ Hearts: Rainy, Winter *Concerned* “The skies seem to be in turmoil. I wonder what has caused this torrent of rain to be unleashed upon us in the frigid season of winter?”
Harvey - Married: *Regular* “I better catch up on the latest medical news.” *Concerned* “I hope I haven’t fallen behind. I want my patients to have access to the best medical care possible.”
Sam - 8+ Hearts: *Annoyed* “I love Vincent, but sometimes he can be a pain. Like last night, I caught him taking my guitar and trying to play it.” *Concerned* “But maybe I’m being too harsh on him. He is my little brother, after all.”
Sebastian - 10+ Hearts: *Blush* “You know, I never used to smile until I met you... Don’t tell anyone though.”
Sebastion - 6+ Hearts: Spring, Rain *Regular* “I really like frogs. What about you?” Choices: I love them! They’re so cute! (+5FP) *Regular* “Cute? Sure, I guess..." They’re super cool. (+50FP) *Happy* “I agree.” Yeah... but they’re kinda slimy? Which is gross. (-5FP) *Regular* “Well, you’re a farmer, right? Wouldn’t you have a lot of experience with “gross” things?” Whatever you like, I hate. (-50FP) *Annoyed* “Hmph.”
Shane - Married: *Blushing* “You know, I’m not a believer, but I can’t help but think that Yoba was the one who brought you into my life.” *Pleased* “My life was a constant spiral of loneliness before I met you. You changed my life. Forgive me if I think some kind of divine intervention was involved.”

Please let me know if these dialogues don't match the characters, if you have any ideas for dialogues or if you want to help me edit the dialogues. Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow! I had a really productive day today, and I finished the dialogue for both Abigail and Emily! They were pretty easy because their personalities are very diverse and there are a lot of different characteristics I could expand on.

Here are a few pieces of dialogue:
KEY
Black Text - Dialogue
Blue Text - Choices for questions and amount of friendship points they add/take away.
Green Text - Name of the NPC

Abigail - 0+ Hearts: *Concerned* “I don’t feel too good... That Spicy Eel I had yesterday must have been a little too spicy.”
Abigail - Married: *Regular* “Did you look for your horoscope today?” *Concerned* “Mine wasn’t too good today.” *Happy* “But hey, there’s always tomorrow!”
Emily - 8+ Hearts: *Regular* “I talked with Clint today. He’s a really great guy if you get to know him.” *Concerned* “He gets really lonely, working in his shop all day." *Happy* "If you go talk to him I’m sure his day will be a little brighter!”
Emily - 0+ Hearts: *Regular* “I hope your farm is eco-friendly. The world is fragile, and we need to take good care of it.” Choices: I always put the environment first. +50FP *Happy* “I’m glad to hear that! I feel like so many people put profits before the environment nowadays.” I do, I guess. +0FP *Neutral* “Huh, okay.” Nah, I don’t really care. As long as I make money, I’m fine. -100FP *Annoyed* “The world is collapsing because of heartless entrepreneurs like you, [Player]. You need to start considering your actions and their consequences.”

I'm open to feedback and suggestions!

Hi everyone. So after I finished Emily, I tried to do Haley and was at a loss. So I went to Leah and still, I couldn't think of anything. Then I went to Penny, and so on. So, I decided to make it a little easier for me. I know Shane the best, so I decided to make a "Shane Dialogue Expansion." I will be continuing on other characters, also, but I want to try my hand at an easier mod before trying to make a huge expansion mod. Thanks for all your support!

I've divided it into a few sections: Heart Level Dialogue, Marriage Dialogue, Festival Dialogue, After and Before Festival Dialogue, and Divorce Dialogue. Here are some samplers from each!

KEY
Black Text - Dialogue

Heart Level Dialogue
If Joja Mart is open *Regular* “Last night I gave Charlie a new brand of feed.” *Regular* “She liked it, but it’s a little too expensive. Maybe when I get my next paycheck I can buy more for her.”

Marriage Dialogue
*Pleased* “I think Charlie really likes her new home. She loves having so much space to run around.”

Festival Dialogue
(Festival of Ice) *Concerned* “Who came up with the idea for a festival celebrating ice, of all things? If you ask me, the Festival of Pizza would be much better.”

Before and After Festival Dialogue
*Neutral* “The hens were really tired today. Why? Oh, because they’ve spent almost two weeks preparing for the Egg Festival.”

Divorce Dialogue
*Concerned* “Ugh... *hic* Why did I think you were any different from everyone else?”

That's all the samplers I'll be sharing! I'm aiming to get this done before 2021. I'll post when I've started on the coding!

ISSsloth

Farmer
I like the festival of ice dialogue, but if he said both the modded line and the non-modded line the same year it would be repetitive.

Quillmagic

Farmer
I love this idea!!! I do play the most on vanilla but I do play around with mods. I love dialogue mods! It would be awesome if you expanded to even include new events, maybe family members visiting spouses... I'm getting ahead of myself. This looks great, keep up the great work!

Last edited: