POLL: On the release of 1.5, do you plan to start a new farm or continue an older one?

When 1.5 releases, what do you intend to do right away?

• Start a new farm to experience the new features and options

• Continue an older farm for the late-game content

• Some combination of both

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lappy

Sodbuster
As CA mentioned in a couple of tweets (referenced in a previous post), there will be a lot of late-game content in the coming update, as well as new features that "might make a fresh run worthwhile."

What are your plans for the highly-anticipated update?

starbrite

Sodbuster
I plan on continuing with my farm right now since I just had to restart like 2-3 months ago. I want to finally marry someone and finish the community center, get the greenhouse, etc. I spend so much time sometimes on the villager relationships I miss out on other stuff, so I want to do all of those things first :P.

Ken

Greenhorn
I will play my fourth save, i was planning to start a brand new anyway, so I'm waiting for the update to play again from the very beginning. I hope there's a lot of new stuff all long the game, to be surprised every time in my new journey. :junicheer:

Sophie

Tiller
I will probably start a new game - after all, I still haven't married all the bachelorettes I am interested in XD

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
new farm baby! i like to see how the new update fits with the core of the game, going in with fresh eyes and a new start and knowing there is more late-game content just makes me excited to work for it

Boo1972

Farmer
I definitely want to start a new farm, but I will probably also play the late game content in my first farm. I like the idea of it being “complete”.

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
Whether I decide to restart or not depends, I think. On my current file, I'm only mid-way through Summer Y1. Ever since the announcement that 1.5 was coming out soon dropped, I vowed to not get too much further in the file until it's released. If any new starting choices mostly amount to a new farm map and the like, I'll probably stick with my current file, since I really like the forest farm. However, for example, if there's an option for the Farmer's birthday that can only be selected on the character creation screen, then I'll probably have to start over. I don't know how likely that would be, though. If that were to be a thing, there'd probably have to be some way to set the Farmer's birthday aside from the character creation screen.

Last edited:

Quillmagic

Farmer
While I’m still going to play on my current save, I do want to start another for the new farm map and early game content!

Odin

Staff member
I pretty much only have one main save in the game and with past updates I've just stuck with that one, so I imagine I'll do the same for 1.5 as well.
How do you do a pole?
When posting a new thread, there's an option near the bottom!

PorkChop

Planter
I pretty much only have one main save in the game and with past updates I've just stuck with that one, so I imagine I'll do the same for 1.5 as well.

When posting a new thread, there's an option near the bottom!
okay thanks!