What are your top tips?

Wzl20

Farmhand
Hi all, Looking for advice/tips that you wish you knew when you started stardew (Im yr2 fall) and wondering what direction to go from here. So far I have the green house( sold my soul to joja and paid $30k for it), am working on Shane (5 hearts atm) have some chickens, just expanded my house for a kitchen and am on the lookout for battery packs at the travelling van.
Im not much on fishing as I find it a bit tricky on droid tablet, and will hit the mines a lot more in winter.

Look forward to hearing from you all xox

imnvs

Local Legend
My tips?

At the CC, complete the Boiler Room and Pantry bundles ASAP. The next bundle to focus on would be the Vault, imho.

If you plan to do Fish Ponds, save everything... at least 10 of literally everything, just in case. Get a shed with a lot of chests if you need to.

Boo1972

Farmer
To echo @immvs advice about fish ponds, save some of everything. The villagers may not like artifacts but the fish do. I would recommend building fish ponds if you’re bored. Their requests are like mini quests. I find the fish very entertaining. If you have trouble fishing, fish ponds can hold crab pot catches or coral as well.

Craft lighting rods and place them on grass. Your animals won’t be able to eat that grass so hopefully it will spread.

Hoard jade. Grow some if you can

Get a barn. Cheese is convenient, stackable food and truffles from pigs are easy income.

Bombs. So many bombs. Make or buy many, many bombs.

Also, even though there is a quest saying you should get a coop, if you have enough money buy a barn and a cow, you will get more money there, but you will have to make the milk into cheese, wool into cloth, etc.

imnvs

Local Legend
Pave over anything you don't want to have twigs and rocks appearing in. (If you pave over your entire farm, these weeds do not appear to be able to appear at all.)

Don’t rush to complete everything and enjoy the journey! Take it as slow as you can and take in the scenery of the changing seasons and celebrate every milestone and achievement. Definitely save a couple of everything.

cpicciri

Greenhorn
If you want money (I know not everyone prioritizes it) BREW. Make the kegs and throw expensive fruit in them, takes awhile but the pay off is huge. Warning this can get boring after awhile.

Bombs are your friends in the mines

Ise your upgraded tools. The watering can and hoe have charge moves. Use them.

Truffles are great for easy income

The pirate profession in fishing with a treasure hunter tackle and magnet bait will get you fishing chests a lot more often. So worth it.

Wzl20

Farmhand
my biggest tip is to not feel like you have to rush things, i feel like some things i would've enjoyed more i skipped over because i was too focused on other things
That's a good point, and that's what I find best about this game it's so immersive and you can play at your own pace.

Rhiannon

Farmer
If you like farming, use sprinklers as soon as you can. And better ones as you go. The only think I have to water now is my cat's bowl and I forget most of the time.

imnvs

Local Legend
If you like farming, use sprinklers as soon as you can. And better ones as you go. The only think I have to water now is my cat's bowl and I forget most of the time.
Well... you still usually have to water on the first of the season. I mean, you don't have to, but it delays growth by a day. 😉

My top five tips:

• You only get to play the game for the first time... once. Enjoy the experience for what it is before you start diving into spoilers and guides
  • There is no time limit. Sure, something happens at the beginning of the third year, but that's not the end of the game, by any means. So don't ever feel rushed to do something
  • Do what you enjoy. Not everyone likes every aspect of the game, and that's fine. Some people really enjoy the fishing minigame, which can be quite profitable if you are skilled at it. Others loathe the fishing minigame and do as little as they can get away with. Both are equally fine. Same goes with virtually every other mechanic in the game. You don't have to do everything. If you find something being a chore... pass on it and do something you find more enjoyable. Remember: This is a game, it is intended to be enjoyed. If you aren't having fun, change things up.
  • The game will direct you to build a Coop early on, but will neglect to inform you that animals need to be fed daily. Before you build either a Coop or a Barn, build a Silo so you can start harvesting Hay rather than paying Marnie for it.
  • There are no mistakes, only happy little accidents. There are rarely permanent consequences to anything you might do, so don't stress about screwing something up. You'll generally be able to correct any problems which might arise, and learn from them as a result.

SSShakuras

Greenhorn
- farm Foraging level to 4 in the first few weeks of the game so you can maximize the first berries season. ( in early game, stamina IS the limiting factor. getting between 100 and 200 berries during the first spring berry season help A LOT.
- Rush Farming lv6 and the 80+ level of the mine ASAP to produce Lv2 Sprinklers ( I spent an inordinate amount of time manually watering my plant before i discovered how wonderful these little thing are. )

27dschild

Planter
My top five tips:

• You only get to play the game for the first time... once. Enjoy the experience for what it is before you start diving into spoilers and guides
  • There is no time limit. Sure, something happens at the beginning of the third year, but that's not the end of the game, by any means. So don't ever feel rushed to do something
  • Do what you enjoy. Not everyone likes every aspect of the game, and that's fine. Some people really enjoy the fishing minigame, which can be quite profitable if you are skilled at it. Others loathe the fishing minigame and do as little as they can get away with. Both are equally fine. Same goes with virtually every other mechanic in the game. You don't have to do everything. If you find something being a chore... pass on it and do something you find more enjoyable. Remember: This is a game, it is intended to be enjoyed. If you aren't having fun, change things up.
  • The game will direct you to build a Coop early on, but will neglect to inform you that animals need to be fed daily. Before you build either a Coop or a Barn, build a Silo so you can start harvesting Hay rather than paying Marnie for it.
  • There are no mistakes, only happy little accidents. There are rarely permanent consequences to anything you might do, so don't stress about screwing something up. You'll generally be able to correct any problems which might arise, and learn from them as a result.
Unless you don’t like the
cave choice you made