Chilis game (art music and other stuff) thread

Chililover

Planter
Hey all! I had a different thread but accidentally deleted it lol! So here goes again!
I've decided to make my game in Godot, I currently have a game map, and several ideas sketched,
I'm working on npc names, and I'm trying to write music for it to, I don't have art made for it yet. Development and art will begin when I get myself a chromebook :3, I do have my art direction picked out though, and yes the game gets its inspiration from sdv, side note: I have decided to name some of my npcs after some good freinds of mine here on the forums, (at least I think we're good freinds lol!)
I am naming the wizard in my game jack, art jack of shades!

I'll keep y'all updated!
they name I came up with for my game is :wonky tonk slopes!

Chililover

Planter

Chililover

Planter
Update: I'm currently trying to get a feel for the music direction I want, seeing as I'm making it myself! And I'm filing through Pinterest to get a better feel for the color palette I want, my current task at hand is to get names for every npc in the game. I definitely want to include the name jade the clueless! or as we know and love Magically clueless!! I know I deffinetly want it to be slow-ish paced, but not to slow to the point where it's not enjoyable, I want it to have a considerable amount of endgame content, I'm trying to do a personal study on what makes life so interesting (what I mean is irl you can go on and on, mainly because there's so much to do and so many opportunities!) And I want to include this in my game to the degree where it's enjoyable but it's not exactly like real life, ppl play games to get away from real life as a escape, whether they know it or not, games give you stuff you could only dream of irl and that's the fun, this is definitely a daunting project and that's one of the reasons I made this thread, y'all are so positive, and quick to give feedback and love. This site is the only thing that keeps me sane lol! Till next time!!

Chililover

Planter
Update numero two! I have twelve npc names, I'm going with 1920 style names and I have decided some more names that reference some of the folks here on the forums!! I have "jade Phyllis" and "Alice quill" both of these characters are part of the town's art club!! if you don't get the reference, the names of the people on the forum is @Magically Clueless and @Quillmagic ! I also have "odin" his age is unknown and he carries far more knowledge than anyone knows! He is located in the underground market!! The person referenced in this is... well you guessed it @Odin !!
I have a desktop to code on but it's temporary, I've got off to a rough start but I'm trying to stay on track, I have limited time on this 'computer' per day so I have to stay on point with coding, I don't have the time enough on it to do pixel art, so I'm using a pre-made tileset (a tileset is a bunch of textures mashed together on one sheet, and the program references certain texture to make a map / tilemap) so any gameplay you see on here, ignore the textures, after I get a majority of the gameplay done I will overhaul the textures and redo everything!! I'm not gonna realese it till it's at the level of something you can play without getting angry, finding ways around bugs and stuff. Oh and the name of the town is..... Lulaville!
Edit: I almost forgot, the wizard will have a cat "Liquid the pure liquid cat" ! This is a reference to @liquidkitten !!

Last edited:

Chililover

Planter
Cool idea! What’s the game actually going to be about?
my Twitter really has a vague explanation, but I'll give a more 'in depth ' explanation!
You wake up on a strange island in a broken down house, on this island you find a broken coop, Green house, and a storage barn, all of which you can repair. to the left of your island you find a broken bridge and to the bottom you find a chared(burnt) bridge, the broken bridge how to the town of lulaville, and the burnt one at the bottom brings you to "the golden lands of Shade" a island with a thick abandoned forest, but if you venture farth enough you will find riches and valuables scattered about, he careful or jack the wizard of Shade will get you.
You can make freind s with all the npcs including the wizards "liquid" cat. The game has many secrets
Oh and I will say there is a sheriff and deputy (they don't do much but they'll sit arround, there's not much crime or action in town) there is a greenhouse club and a art club. Ok That's all I'll say.

Chililover

Planter
I stayed up a little late to do this, it's nothing much but I got my character to move left and right, this is a temporary character and probably won't be used in the final version, if your a developer you'll probably laugh, I know this is the wrong way to move your character, I just wanted to prove to myself that I can do it, I've worked on it for about two hours today, I know all of amounts to is pixels moving on a screan, but I am genuinely proud of myself, I'm going to bed now and I'm wearing my fluffiest pajamas, ima sleep like a baby tonight, baio!!!!! ( I can link a video so this link goes to my game dev log! https://t.co/38KzHbKXJp )

Quillmagic

Farmer
Ooo, that sounds really cool, if you need any help with designing stuff or anything, I'm sure a lot of people on the forums would be willing to help!

Chililover

Planter
Ooo, that sounds really cool, if you need any help with designing stuff or anything, I'm sure a lot of people on the forums would be willing to help!
Now that I think about it I do need a bit of help! If anyone has ideas for new good name for the game that would be nice lol, Wonky tonk slopes isn't much of a name! Oh and I need to figure out a character design,
I'm horrible at drawing characters, if you could help me that would be great I'll link a pic of the game character style! Oh and if you have ideas for features that would be much appreciated!!
tadejawalk.gif

Edit: btw I want it in sdv style character, but if you have different designs I would love to see them!!

Last edited:

estewanini

Sodbuster
Very big project, best of luck with it!
Update: I'm currently trying to get a feel for the music direction I want, seeing as I'm making it myself!
I don't know the tone you're looking for the game or what your music type is, but I'm just gonna go ahead and give a nod to Worthikids on youtube. They do simple yet sick animations, highly recommend watching their Big Top Burger series, maybe you could take some inspiration there because I certainly do.

Chililover

Planter
Very big project, best of luck with it!

I don't know the tone you're looking for the game or what your music type is, but I'm just gonna go ahead and give a nod to Worthikids on youtube. They do simple yet sick animations, highly recommend watching their Big Top Burger series, maybe you could take some inspiration there because I certainly do.
thanks! Also I think I have a music direction picked out, but I'll give that a try!
I think the style I'm trying to achieve is a mix of Celeste(by Lena raine) and animal crossing (unknown)
I like the style of there music, but if worthikids has a better style I'll lean in that direction!! :3

Chililover

Planter
@Chililover hey it's cool if you have the vision already! I wouldn't say one style's better than the other, but it's definitely different than Celeste's OST =v=
Thanks! The current songs I have consist of three songs that I don't have names for and two songs I already made #1 "scrambled eggs" it's a instrumental song, but you can make out the words in the tune, it's about scrambled eggs, and burnt bacon, and ketchup with your eggs lol! #2 "there was a camel here" a instrumental song that goes "there was a camel here, it's not here now" and it repeats. I made another one a while back but don't know if it would fit . Should I try to post my songs on here?

Chililover

Planter
Hey yall! I decided to record some of my music that's gonna be in my game! There is currently six songs I have. They are the rough version, I'm gonna professionally record them when I have the time, but here it is!!
EDit: I almost forgot to give a special thanks to @Odin if it wasn't for his help I wouldn't have been able to post my music on here! (Technical difficulties!) But I'm sure everyone would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard lol!
Edit 2: if you have any feedback I would love to hear it! And which ones your favorite! (if you like any of them lol!) My fav is the wizards!!

Last edited: