New Farm Planning/Ideas Thread.

Ello everyone! Jack Of Shades, huge fan of the game and wizard extraordinaire!! Decided to make a thread that some may enjoy! So I'm planning a new farm, and I always love seeing other players ideas and plans. I figured I would post mine and see if others want to post as well. You can plan it here, ask for help or simply get ideas from other creative folks.

BREWERY BUILD

So! My next farm will be far from a wizard's garden, like my current map. My new map will be a beer brewery map! Making beer with wheat, as its fast and something I haven't done before. I used to work at a brewery and always thought it was an interesting aspect that could be done on stardew. This is super feasible and doable.

I'm thinking of potentially using the default farm map for the space. Then working my butt off to open the greenhouse, obviously I can't grow wheat year round. I will utilize sheds and try to make an economic, ecologic, design. Make it natural but also practical. I'll plan for a design that allows natural growth outside during the in-season time frame.

Still debating on whether I plan to use Joja to unlock the greenhouse, or go full blown CC. I'll see how the first month goes.

Anyway, feel free to plan, post your own build or help!

Last edited:
My two cents... you can spend the first spring trying to get the resources to craft kegs. By then you'd have enough cash to buy plenty of wheat and it grows fast. I believe it's a summer & fall crop, so you'd have plenty of time to stock up for the winter and following spring. I wouldn't worry so much about the greenhouse.

Ereo

Helper
Hm, I currently have a standard farm and a forest farm with a "no buying seeds" limitation.

I was thinking about making my next farmer a beekeeper. Maybe on the river farm map, just sell different flower honeys and maybe the flowers as well, and process wild honey to mead. An orchard would also go well with that theme.
I'd probably allow a small garden plot to grow vegetables for the CC.

My two cents... you can spend the first spring trying to get the resources to craft kegs. By then you'd have enough cash to buy plenty of wheat and it grows fast. I believe it's a summer & fall crop, so you'd have plenty of time to stock up for the winter and following spring. I wouldn't worry so much about the greenhouse.
Yes, as well as using fishing and strawberries to make the income to afford all the wheat. But you're right, concentrate on the tappers and oak resin.
You are correct. So I'll have a nice set up by time summer rolls around.
Well, the green house is so I can have a manageable set of wheat for year round beer making. And then in-season I can really go full throttle.

Hm, I currently have a standard farm and a forest farm with a "no buying seeds" limitation.

I was thinking about making my next farmer a beekeeper. Maybe on the river farm map, just sell different flower honeys and maybe the flowers as well, and process wild honey to mead. An orchard would also go well with that theme.
I'd probably allow a small garden plot to grow vegetables for the CC.
That sounds like an interesting run. I have never actually done a seedless farm before.

Beekeeping should be fun! I believe the artisan perk will aid you greatly if you take that route.

I have done that. In fact, my current wizard farm is basically a garden. I used it to complete the CC.

Ereo

Helper
That sounds like an interesting run. I have never actually done a seedless farm before.

Beekeeping should be fun! I believe the artisan perk will aid you greatly if you take that route.
It's actually harder than I thought. Spring year 2 and I haven't yet seen a seed maker. Since mixed seeds are somewhat limited in quantity, it's hard to raise farming. Farming level 8 now so it's getting close.

Green bean for the CC is also hard. I'll wait for either a bean stalk at the travelling merchant, or a bean when I already have a seed maker. Looks like the greenhouse is gonna be at least another year.

Ereo

Helper
yeah, mixed seeds and wild seeds. No buying seed anywhere where they are predictable. That only leaves what the travelling merchant has to offer, and what I win from the museum. For an additional challenge, I can't store plants that would spoil, so I also can't safe up vegetables until I have a seedmaker (which I just got on the last day of spring year 2).

yeah, mixed seeds and wild seeds. No buying seed anywhere where they are predictable. That only leaves what the travelling merchant has to offer, and what I win from the museum. For an additional challenge, I can't store plants that would spoil, so I also can't safe up vegetables until I have a seedmaker (which I just got on the last day of spring year 2).
Last day of spring 2? That's impressive. Although, I haven't been min/maxing for a while. I tend to relax when I play now. But still. Very nice!

Anhaga

Rancher
FWIW, in real life, most of the spring crops--parsnips, green beans, kale, potatoes, cauliflower, garlic, coffee beans--all store well for at least a few weeks (a few months for parsnips, potatoes, garlic, coffee beans) if not longer, when stored properly. Only strawberries, rhubarb, and the flowers won't keep for more than a week. So if you model the Stardew seasons on real world seasons, assuming, say, 3 weeks for each 1 week of Stardew time, you could use that as a way to calculate. I'd estimate that kale has the shortest shelf-life (I wouldn't keep it in the fridge for more than about a week and a half), cauliflower next (it tends to go a little weird and gooey after about 2 weeks in home cold storage, but with shipping times, you could call that 3 1/2 weeks, I'd bet), green beans are next (I've kept fresh-picked garden beans in the fridge for a month before they go icky), and then to the long-storage root veg and dry tree beans. You could leave the shorter-life ones in the garden to extend the season to when you get the seed maker, then, as that does work in real life.

Ereo

Helper
Well, I don't min/max, as in I never calculated anything, and just do what I want to, getting distracted easily. Who needs to milk the cows if they can run around collecting berries? ;)

Yeah, I know real life stuff will keep a couple of days/weeks, but I would lose track in game. Strict rules are easier to follow.

But I didn't want to take over this thread with my foraging farm (you can check the progress thread in the valley showcase if you're interested), so here is another idea:

Fishpond based farm:
Get fish ponds for every possible fish. Sell only from the chum buckets or fish once the pond is full.
As fishing is pretty powerful early game, maybe I'd include an 'only fish what you can throw in a pond' rule, and otherwise only fish for algae seaweed and their back everything else? or maybe even a vegetarian farmer, so no selling fish from the fish ponds either.

Since stone is not so easy to come by early game, that would make it challenging.

I think the four corners map would do nicely, as it has a lot of open space.

Crab pot farmer:
Exactly what it sounds like. Put crab pots everywhere. You can probably also open a recycling yard with that :D

This might also call for the river farm. Although I'd like to use the hilltop some time as well.

Quillmagic

Farmer
I like a more natural flow to my farm, and I won't be creating an Ancient Fruit Wine Empire like most people. Make tea, not war. *sips tea* Anyways, I play the forest farm, so I'll be less strict about min-maxing and that sort of thing. It's all about the ~:iristar:Aesthetics:iristar:~

I like a more natural flow to my farm, and I won't be creating an Ancient Fruit Wine Empire like most people. Make tea, not war. *sips tea* Anyways, I play the forest farm, so I'll be less strict about min-maxing and that sort of thing. It's all about the ~:iristar:Aesthetics:iristar:~
That's basically what I have going on my current farm. Just aesthetic value and making things I like and enjoy. Or anything I may need for crafting