Joja theories here we are (I almost don't have names)

Chililover

Planter
It's the year 2021, peirres shop has been closed down and he is hiding out with krobus along with all of us that hasn't been brain washed. Every day Pam gets closer and closer to revealing our secret hiding spot, Sam has been made into the joja cola spokes person, we are planning says to get him back... But it won't be easy.
Day 12: Pam is now reciting the joja mart slogan, perrie is having a nervous breakdown, and krobus is trying to sell everyone toenail clippers, mayor Lewis has lost his sense of fashion and is now wearing his tie around his waist, and his belt around his neck, he has some how managed to wear his shirt like pants and his pants like a shirt.
Day 35: PaM iS SwImMiNg in The Sewage WaTer, krobus has caused a cave in on are only hope of escape, we was digging a tunnel to the bus stop when krobus got the munchies and ate our tunnel supports I sjnfbwjo we msbfjd going smrhbf cRaZy ahhhhHhhHhh!!!
Day 113 musgudluicod I've been practicing my southern swampien (I made a language) wait a second, LeWIS STOp DRINkInG ThE vOiD EgG YoLkS Jsndbdjh stoSTOpp it nOow!! one cjjbs help shebang I need watermelon jsndbdjns ahhhhhhh!!!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Novice Farmer Bobbi has been plying Shane with Boozeohol at the Saloon for a few weeks, not entirely realizing yet that there are a great many layers beneath the surface, like the underground parking lot in Zuzu City's largest mall. She always cursed herself for trading in her lime green Dodge Neon for a silver Camry. Gazing out over a frozen sea of cruelly homogeneous metallic paint, Bobbi impotently raises her fob. Key button - Unlock. Nothing. Just keep moving, stop for a breather and you many never see civilization again. Key button - Unlock. Faint chirp from 2 floors away. Yay!!-- wait... Up or down?

>Snort!< Bobbi's head jerks back upright. Shane is staring idly at the Jukebox. "You still with us, Bobbi?"
"Yeah, yeah... heh, I guess I'm a bit of a lightweight."
"You were saying something about Joja?"
"Mmmh?... Yeah, the store looks nicely kept up and a number of people seem to like shopping there, yet there's this undercurrent of anti-Joja sentiment from some people. Maybe Lewis or Pierre?"
"Meh, Lewis is just interested in what he can get other people to do. He's not so bad for a politician but I wouldn't go looking to him for inspiration. Has he tried to pawn off the Community Center on you yet?"
"Oh yeah, a few weeks ago but seriously?? I have a decrepit house on this plot of land the County wouldn't even buy from granddad to turn into a Park, which Lewis laughingly calls a Farm. And then he brings up fixing the Community Center. Do I look like a New Jersey gas station?"
"Yep, took about 30 seconds before I turned him down the first time, only because my brain locked up with how many reasons I could give him. I settled on mentioning my good paying, reasonably satisfying full-time job. As well as taking care of Auntie's Chickens! Of course Lewis doesn't need to know that the Chickens make everything better, eh?" Shane elbows Bobbi knowingly in the ribs.
Shane goes on. "Anyhow, having a good job in town is nice as not everyone has that luxury. Maybe I can finally get Jas something real nice that I've been planning for a while n-- uh, go ahead and keep that under your Cat Ears, OK, just between you 'n me..."

_____

Joja wasn't a great place to work when Bobbi was an office weasel selling Nigerian email scam kits to Millenials, she stayed in that job too long to claim any moral high ground about leaving. And it was Granddad who pushed her to it anyway, no impetus came from within. Perhaps it's time to do more than just allow life to steer her paper boat down the stream and instead take the wheel to steer her own course. But paper boats don't have wheels. Hmm, we're gonna need a bigger boat.

Bobbi ponders Shane's decent life situation and the other townspeople's use of Joja, and their near-ignorance of a building possibly only important to previous generations like Lewis. And Evelyn and George never even mention it. She gets the impression that a working Community Center is some sort of Tax scheme that Lewis will benefit from. She kinds of feels guilty about thinking of Lewis this way but then he actually asked her to help find his shorts. How weirdly random is that kind of request, and Bobbi strongly suspects they're those kind of shorts. Could that be any more inappropriate? Morris mentioned that Joja could use the Community Center space to expand their offerings and reduce prices further with bulk purchases of Duck Feathers and Quartz. ??? The stuff disappears so fast it's like people are eating it.

_____

Weeks later Bobbi just happens to be wandering in town with Pepper Poppers and chats with Shane after he's done with some filming.
"I made something here that you might want a taste of..."
“Oh wow, Bobbi! How'd you know this is my favorite?”
"It seems a little birdie may have sent me a recipe in the mail. Aaaand you've requested Hot Peppers on the Bulletin Board twice."
"Yeah yeah OK, you fell into my trap!" And they both giggle.
"How's the Joja Warehouse working out?"
"It's got tons of space and I'm in charge of managing ordering and stocking it up. They liked my efforts so much that I'm starting to work on some product advertising!"
They continue walking, passing by Penny in the shade of a tree, nose in a book. Bobbi glances back to Shane just as he lowers his voice to a whisper.
"This is great because I think I can help this town and Joja at the same time. If we can show Joja that our company can make good money and give back to the town, then everyone wins, even Pierre if he feels up to joining in."
"Heh, good luck with Pierre but what are you thinking?"
"This is all logic, just improving our town, cleaning up Nature because this is the only Nature we get. I don't want to be the last person in Stardew Valley to see the Moonlight Jellies."
"Uh, Moonlight Jellies?" Bobbi casts Shane a quizzical look.
"Moonlight Jellies! They come back every year, it's amazing that they figure it out, you have to show up to the Beach at the end of Summer, I know I'll be there!"
"It's a date, meet you there. But back to improving the town, what's your idea?"
"Well, yeah so Joja isn't exactly the best when it comes to community service but they're making vague attempts to fix that. A regional manager is interested in a collab between Joja and citizens to do some local improvements and I think we've got a shot. Maybe fix the Bus or the old bridge to, well, whatever's to the East of town. Someone told me there's a Witch or maybe some Trolls or a Dwarf..."
Bobbi gives him a look. That look.
"OK, OK, maybe that Fairy-- or... more Squirrels? Sorry."
"No prob, just giving you a hard time."
"OK, and I could probably squeeze in a proposal to refurb that old Greenhouse on your property... But, um, I've brought it up casually to some people in town and they're kind of dispassionate about it. Mostly because it's a collab and that means money from our side as well as theirs."
"What was Lewis' reaction?"
Shane's face is awash in a bemused smile. "You guess."
"OK, hmmm. Almost concealed shock with a recovery to something on the order of not being able to afford anything more than maintenance of the Spa. Seriously what's with the Spa? That got fixed up right quick after the Earthquake."
"Lewis owns the land."
"Got it."
Shane gives a direct look, which is a bit unusual for him unless you're a Chicken. "So whaddya think, could you chip in?"
"I'll do better than that. I've killed myself fixing up the farm but the rest of the Valley is a bit of a dump."
"Hey!" Shane looks half mock-, half real-offended.
"You said it- we need to take better care of Nature and I'll help do it financially if you do the organization. And just maybe we can convince Joja to do something a bit better than themselves for once."
"It's a deal!"
Bobbi and Shane shake on it a bit more formally than they usually interact.

"I saw you looking at Penny."
"And you with your Witches, Trolls, and Dwarves. This isn't Disneyland, you know!"

They take a seat on the beach and contemplate the promise of a better future.

Last edited:

Chililover

Planter
I see... dystopia. Pierre’s would go out of business, yes, but also what about Marnie and her poor, well-loved animals? Willy and his little fish and bait shop? Would Joja take that away too?
That's easy to answer! Marnie and Willy have banded together to fight joja here's a page from my journal :3

"
Day 157: we have just got word that marnie and Willy are safe, we are making plans to desert the sewers and take refuge with marnie! The news is the only thing that keeps us sain.
Day 200: it has been two hours sense my last entry about the great news, though I fear I am losing track of time.
Day 215: we have moved all the town's people that was taking refuge in the sewers to Marnies.
It seems they make a great team. UpDAtE Willy just hooked Morris in the nose hahahah!!!
Morris seams mad.... Morris has a arMy... Wait Marlon just came out of nowhere and revealed a HuLk??!! ChIcKeN!!?!? Morris is scrambling (get it) I'll keep you updated.
"

It's the year 2021, peirres shop has been closed down and he is hiding out with krobus along with all of us that hasn't been brain washed. Every day Pam gets closer and closer to revealing our secret hiding spot, Sam has been made into the joja cola spokes person, we are planning says to get him back... But it won't be easy.
Day 12: Pam is now reciting the joja mart slogan, perrie is having a nervous breakdown, and krobus is trying to sell everyone toenail clippers, mayor Lewis has lost his sense of fashion and is now wearing his tie around his waist, and his belt around his neck, he has some how managed to wear his shirt like pants and his pants like a shirt.
Day 35: PaM iS SwImMiNg in The Sewage WaTer, krobus has caused a cave in on are only hope of escape, we was digging a tunnel to the bus stop when krobus got the munchies and ate our tunnel supports I sjnfbwjo we msbfjd going smrhbf cRaZy ahhhhHhhHhh!!!
Day 113 musgudluicod I've been practicing my southern swampien (I made a language) wait a second, LeWIS STOp DRINkInG ThE vOiD EgG YoLkS Jsndbdjh stoSTOpp it nOow!! one cjjbs help shebang I need watermelon jsndbdjns ahhhhhhh!!!
who are the ones who did not brainwashed?

Chililover

Planter
who are the ones who did not brainwashed?
I don't remember all there name's but I can tell you the ones who did get brainwashed! Sam (he was lured out by joja cola) Leah (went to look for drift wood) Morris (obviously!) Sebastian ( his sweat pants tore and Pierre didn't have a sewing kit, so he went to find one...) That's the only ones I know of the others might have escaped we don't really know. I know Shane is our inside man. He acts like he's with them but really he brings food! Oh and I think you'll be happy to know we have the trash bear save and sound! He keeps everything spotless!

I don't remember all there name's but I can tell you the ones who did get brainwashed! Sam (he was lured out by joja cola) Leah (went to look for drift wood) Morris (obviously!) Sebastian ( his sweat pants tore and Pierre didn't have a sewing kit, so he went to find one...) That's the only ones I know of the others might have escaped we don't really know. I know Shane is our inside man. He acts like he's with them but really he brings food! Oh and I think you'll be happy to know we have the trash bear save and sound! He keeps everything spotless!
I happy most of the characters I love aren't brainwashed (Harvey, Penny, Jas)

My continue to the journal:
day 120 Harvey is here. his hand is STUCK in a pot. I got it out and we are ok. lewis lost again any fashion sense and know he put his tie around his arm and the belt around the leg. case of insanity. At least most of us allright. I hope we can get out soon

Push someone far enough, and they will eventually reach a point. A point where they say 'I've taken all I can stand, and I can't stand no more'! I reached that point when I got laid off due to 'outsourcing'. Looking back, my promise to myself that I would never be dependent upon an employer for a wage ever again was the turning point, the spark I needed to kick myself into gear. I'd inherited a plot of land that is listed as a 'farm' on the tax forms, little more an empty with a rickedy shack on it in actuality. While some might have become despondent, given up, and lived their lives eeking out a meager subsistence level life by tilling the ground... I saw far more potential. I had real estate, enough to make something that would work *for* me. It would still be a lot of hard work... but at the end, I would actually have something tangible to show for it instead of just 'what have you done for us THIS week'.

First, I needed capitol. And my credit score was abysmal so I couldn't just borrow it. So, I had to start off looking like a good little farmer, with a keen eye to vegetable futures and potential profit maximization. I also had to basically rediscover the wheel, among many primitive inventions, since I didn't have a supplier to provide me what I needed. So, with a humble beginning, I started. But I had plans, oh yes. Never doubt, my goal wasn't just to live 'an honest life', my goal was to get filthy stinking rich, and you just can't do that on sweat-equity alone.

My first task was to plant a stand of oak trees. I needed brewing kegs, in mass quantity, and this was a necessary component of that. Once they'd grown, I set out tappers. That oak resin was worth its weight in gold to me, a critical component in my next step. Obviously, I also needed to plant at least some crops to cover short-term costs and to build up a fiscal reserve to invest later. Fishing was also quite the profitable venture.

When I was offered an opportunity to fix up the Community Center, I was... not particularly thrilled at the prospect. I mean, come on, it's a rat-infested dilapidated public hazard just waiting to fall on someone. Then that so-called 'wizard' tried to get me to drink some foul concoction he'd brewed up... the filthy hippy. Yea, no, that's a trap. That building is more cost than I can get back from it. But I don't just want to get roped into Joja's local schemes either. I've been a cog in a machine before, this time I want it to be on *my* terms. So I hold off engaging with Morris until I've got some bargaining chips of my own to bring to the table.

Before the end of Spring, I'd rediscovered how to build improved sprinklers. I'd dived into the mines enough to get the resources necessary to build them as well. Now it was time to start kicking things into high gear. Engaging with the local Ma and... well just Ma Construction firm, I set about commissioning a couple of warehouses, based on her shed design. She might not be licensed and bonded, but she does solid work. Filling them with brewing kegs in time for my Hops to be ready was key in my plan. Every week was thirty more kegs in my machine. By the end of summer, I'd had enough cash and resources to make my pitch to Joja.

There was a market niche that Joja was missing, one with a high profit margin. They'd flooded the market with low-quality outsourced goods, full of preservatives and salt and stuff. Suitable for the masses, but it made the wealthy patrons turn their noses up. So I aimed higher on the income bracket. Artisanal comestables, fresh fruit preserves, artisanal cheeses and wines, a bierhaus with several IPA's and beers on tap. With Joja as my Distributor, taking a cut in exchange for getting my products out there. It was a win/win scenario, really. They got to exploit a neglected market, I got to pretty much guarantee that I could sell everything I could make. I'd made my first million before the end of Fall.

Of course, I also gave back to the community. Pierre was a bit miffed, of course, but considering I bought most of my seeds from him seasonally, he wasn't complaining too much. Sure, Joja was still around and slowly squeezing him out of the consumer market, but I was not just matching but absolutely crushing his profit margins on the agriculture supply side. After a few quiet conversations about adapting to the economic climate, he eventually gave up trying to sell consumer goods outside of fresh produce and other perishables.

Morris and I... cordially dislike each other. He's a short-sighted greedy corporate middle management type, the sort I'd worked for before. Only now I realized just how bad he was at actual business. He was, as the saying goes, penny wise and pound foolish. So it wasn't hard to convince him to hand over the community development projects to me for funding. We replaced that dilapidated old community center for a new warehouse, which brought in tax revenues and provided employment opportunities. Alex went from laborer to foreman pretty rapidly, with my recommendation on the corporate end. We developed the minecart system as a way of getting around town, a mass transit system in all but name. Fixed up the Bus and, to help Penny get her mother out of the house, let Pam drive it, although we installed a breathalyzer into the steering column so she couldn't drive drunk. Since she already had a commercial driver's license, it was pretty well a done deal. Also got Joja to fix my greenhouse that had fallen into disrepair, which I promptly set up to being hothouse crops. Ancient fruit, Hops, and Pomegranate trees filled the place, and netted me even more profits since I now had a reliable and steady product supply year-round. So the rich could have their 'in season' pomegranate preserves even in the dead of winter. And paid quite handsomely for that privilege as well.

At the beginning of the new year, my farm was starting to take shape. I'd a silo and a barn full of cows producing milk daily which was being processed into cheese daily. My vineyard was Ancient Fruit, rows and rows of the stuff, with the processing discretely parked in the corner of the property. I held seasonal wine tasting for the tourists. Wine, cheese, homemade breads... it was always a big hit. And for those with refined but perhaps less snooty palettes, the bierhaus was quite profitable as well, pretzels weren't much different than bread when all is said and done, except the egg glaze and salt. And I had plenty of chickens in a coop providing eggs for various purposes. And of course a quaint little field within eyeshot of the front entrance which housed the seasonal preserves crop. Strawberries in the spring, melons or blueberries in the summer, cranberries in the fall.

Pelican Town had seen something of a renaissance. My business brought in tourists, who enjoyed the quaint town vibe, and often purchased hand-crafted goods from Robin and Leah, enjoyed shopping for 'local home-grown perishables' at Pierre's Farmer's Market and Farm Supplies. They really got a kick out of seeing an actual blacksmith at his forge, so Clint's was always a side attraction, so long as he kept his big yap shut and didn't creep on Emily too much in their presence.

My romantic prospects were pretty good as well. Most of those in town around my age were pretty impressed with my rise, and with how I didn't screw over the town in the process. Pam, obviously holding up the bar, once joked that she'd offer me her daughter in exchange for an evening of all-she-could-drink in the bierhaus. I laughed it off as a drunken joke, but I think she was half-serious. Penny, for herself, has been quietly... not exactly flirting with me, she's so shy and reserved, but I'd caught her gossiping with her friends and giggling that suddenly stopped when they noticed me. Emily is always on me to help 'spruce up my look', with enough of a flirting eyelash to the expression that I suspect part of it is to get me to strip down for her. Her sister has suddenly stopped ignoring me and is being lightly flirtatious as well. If I was looking for a gold-digger, I wouldn't have to go far. Leah was grateful I was able to use my business contacts to support her art show, and has been giving me Significant Looks for a while now. About the only lady in town that wasn't making her intentions known was Maru, but then she's so busy in her lab that I'm not particularly surprised. I did see once when Penny and Maru were gossiping that Maru wasn't really happy about the topic, which suddenly ended when I approached, and she gave me a really dirty look for a moment. I almost wonder if Maru has a thing for Penny? Or does she just not approve of me for her friend? Either way, I doubt she'd be interested in the time of day from me. Heck, even Abigail finds herself 'just exploring' over at my place at least two or three times a week, at least after I establshed my 'gamer cred' by helping her with Prairie King. I got Sam a better position as shift supervisor by dropping a few hints to Morris, and he may end up getting transferred over to the warehouse to work in logistics and tracking if he can get his night classes finished, so we're cool, even if Penny has stopped so much as giving him a glance lately. Alex likes being the floor foreman. He gets to work with his hands, but also gets to show off that he's got some brains in there as well, and has good promotion prospects in the future, and appreciates me helping him land the job. I arranged for Elliot's book to land on a couple of publisher's desks, he may be getting published in the next year or so if he can get his act together. I may have to hang out more with Sebastian, maybe he can tell me what his sister's problem is. He's kind of a loner, though, and I'm willing to respect that.

So... I can actually claim that I'm a self-made man. Financially wealthy, good romantic prospects, pillar of the community, and all by exploiting Joja's poor business model to establish myself. Moving here was the best thing that ever happened to me. And, if I do say so myself, the town as well. I mean, sure... Lewis is pretty much mayor at this point because I fed him campaign donations under the table, so he kind of owes me. And sure, I may have used my cash to lean on a few people here and there. And maybe one could make an argument that Pierre's is only still in business because of my business, which is kind of a precarious position for him to be in. And so okay fine... manipulating Morris to get Alex and Sam better jobs may not have been the most morally and ethically right thing to do. But hey... the community is better for it, and I'm filthy stinking rich as a result, so... I'm surprisingly comfortable with that.

my theory:
Joja will take our farm and make Pelican town as a work camp. everyone working together in Willy's lead to take back the town. Joja also Pollut the rivers and oceans. the ecologic system is destroyed but we work hard to help. we have Sbby and Shane as our in men. one day we'll do it. this is hard but it is our only hope.

Chililover

Planter
My continue to the journal:
day 227 Harvey is here. his hand is STUCK in a pot. I got it out and we are ok. lewis lost again any fashion sense and know he put his tie around his arm and the belt around the leg. case of insanity. At least most of us allright. I hope we can get out soon
Day 240: Harvey still has a scab from the 'coffee pot' incident, Sandy showed up yesterday! We are making plans to head to the desert, Linus made dinner out of salmon berries it wasn't very good, I still have the pits in my teeth, yuucck! Sam showed up yesterday!! He said they changed the ingredients in the joja cola, so now he doesn't like it.
Day 252: LeWiS iS havInG a RamBlIng FiT, he going on about the RiSe In EcOnOmy!
day 276: we're finally in the dessert, jas forgot something so Sam went back to get it, we haven't heard from him in days, I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Reactions: Tom
Day 240: Harvey still has a scab from the 'coffee pot' incident, Sandy showed up yesterday! We are making plans to head to the desert, Linus made dinner out of salmon berries it wasn't very good, I still have the pits in my teeth, yuucck! Sam showed up yesterday!! He said they changed the ingredients in the joja cola, so now he doesn't like it.
Day 252: LeWiS iS havInG a RamBlIng FiT, he going on about the RiSe In EcOnOmy!
day 276: we're finally in the dessert, jas forgot something so Sam went back to get it, we haven't heard from him in days, I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Thank goodness they are alright. I hope they will not get caught

another continueation to the Journal:
day 300: I lost track of time. everyone has been caught exclude me, Abigail and Harvey.
day 500: We got a message from shane that it is safe to go. I'm go out! it is night. I did not saw the moon so much time. I smell something awful. It is the river. Harvey say that something smells fishy and the river is polluted. we can't drink its water. we should go to check the calendar. ON NO! this is the 21 of the winter 2041! Abigail said that she needs to make a winter star gift. I have a very beautiful shell. She puted it it near a door of a house. We need to go to somewhere we all know and there ask for help but where? I'm not sure.
day 501: I hear a pop song. Abby and Harvey put their hands on their ears. I recognize the singer! It is Sam! the song ended. I say Sam sang the song. Abby says that we need to go after him. he may be the only one we know. I will give him a very angry punch... we must go to there. It must be Zuzu city.
day 502: we are there. this is unwatchable. there is too much light! We go in. Abigail says that she needs to go to the fic-con. the biggest fair for cosplayers and fans of books. she even wears her cosplay right now. I am going to search sam and Harvey is out of the fic-con building to stay near her. we all know we can't trust her to not fail in the cosplay.

Last edited:
day 503: I hear Jazz music. I has no singer. It is come from somewhere underground. it is a club of non pop music. we checked by the gurad and we enter we greeted by the onwer, a rock singer called Bublelgum. she explain us why there is a club like this. we said that we heard jazz music and wanted to check it out. Bublelgum smiles and we introducte ourselves. someone else enter the club. this is a little girl. 10 years old. her name is Eve. she is a normal person in the club. I need to sleep. good night

more journal:
This is me Pierre again.
day 504: Eve tells us why she is here. she ran away from her familiy. her father Sam isn't at home all the time and her mother Clarie don't care for her, Bubelgum is caring for her. I asked her if her father has blonde hair and green eyes. she said yes and Abigail was angry. he left her behind and went after joja. we decided to go after him. I saw a poster that he is on a concert 3 days later from now. we go to there!

day 505: I have a plan. I know how to return Sam to our side. we will need Eve. first we need to record history lessons and stuff like this. I have a recorder. I sent Eve and Abigail to record those things. Harvey said that we got into somewhere not safe. Eve knows how to cook but no one else knows it exclude us and Bubelgum. the forest is no more. they force everyone to buy their products and we can't help. I say that we can help. we will need your help. you will need to open a clinic. you are a doctor right? um.. yes? Harvey responded. you will need to help patients who are sick because of joja. Understood? yes! we asked Bubelgum to use one room in her place for healing of sick people that became ill from joja. she agreed and Harvey prepared a sign "Clinic".
we will open tomorrow!

day 505 10 PM: we listen to the record. this is a history lesson. the teacher says that joja took over the south and made it a huge city. A pupil ask if there is any artifacts in there. the teacher says no. I'm so mad!
day 506: someone else enters the club. Eve's brother Chris. we opend the clinic. we have a patient that is sick because of drinking too much joja cola. they will need to stay here for a while. Abigail ask Chris if he play on something. he plays on the saxophone. they play togehter heavy music. I like it. they became a band with Bubelgum, they call themselves "in dreams"