What's your favorite weapon?

I'm curious to see what folks say about this one. I dont mean what weapon you think is most powerful. But what weapon in-game is aesthetically pleasing to you? Which one catches your eye more often than naught?

Lew Zealand

Helper
I always thought the Insect Head was a fun one!

Early in my first save, you know-- in that infatuation stage where everything your game does just makes you love it more, the Insect Head was the first drop which clearly seemed to me to be Special. I used it as a weapon for far longer than it's raw value probably warranted but it was just too cool and weird and Stardew Valley to replace.

How many games with combat have you played that have some Blahblahblah Sword in them. Yeah, like all of them. And how many games allow you to rummage the bodies of more than 6 score foes for the perfect ghoulish weapon to dispatch scores more with their own hideously chitinous remains, their final seconds consumed with the vision of the dead vacuous eyes and slashing pincers of their former broodmate.

I find the Insect Head very pleasant to wield.

Quillmagic

Farmer
I had a TON of fun with the trident (I forget the full name, but you get it from fishing) and it was with me for a very long time until end-game weapons because I just loved how quick it was. Very fun weapon to have.
Did you mean Neptune's Glaive or Broken Trident? My fave is definitely the Neptune's Glaive. I got it from fishing REALLY early game, and soon I was going through floors in no time. :cool: But it also looks really cool! I got a ~*Prismatic Shard*~ from my quarry in Year 1 though, so I'll probably be upgrading soon enough!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
honestly i might have combined both of them in my head LOL since i'm pretty sure i used both the trident and the glaive in one of my games. my preference goes to the one that's very quick though

Sorry, but I'm going to have to go with the mundane and obvious answer of the Galaxy Hammer.

I mean, it'll kill the worst monsters in Skull Cavern in one go, no other weapon comes close to it

Although, the Slingshot is also a hell of a lot of fun once you get the hang of it, but it's not quite as much fun as it was before the double whammy nerf, in 1.4, of both the reduced blast radius of Explosive Ammo and the reduced rate of increase of iridium spawns.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to go with the mundane and obvious answer of the Galaxy Hammer.

I mean, it'll kill the worst monsters in Skull Cavern in one go, no other weapon comes close to it

Although, the Slingshot is also a hell of a lot of fun once you get the hang of it, but it's not quite as much fun as it was before the double whammy nerf, in 1.4, of both the reduced blast radius of Explosive Ammo and the reduced rate of increase of iridium spawns.
So you enjoy the appearance of the hammer? If so, nothing wrong with that. Lol

Ereo

Helper
I found a crystal dagger and thought it was pretty. Lewis won't let me display it on the fair, and I can't fight with daggers, so I think I sold it. Or I put it in a chest somewhere.

I also liked the insect head, which has the advantage of being fairly good and easy to obtain early in the mines, apart from looking totally different and unexpected.

I think I forgot to collect it in my current run🤔

Neat Games

Planter
Dang I haven't gotten any of these cool weapons haha. I have a black metal bat now~

Questions: Is it worth buying the weapons from the Adventures Guild? Floor 100 of the mines wrecked me and I lost a BUNCH of stuff haha.

Reactions: Tom

Rotan

Sodbuster
My wife's favorite weapon is the Mallet, and I'd have to say it's pretty clean aesthetically, as well as useful mechanically being a fairly fast-swinging hammer.

She does have a tendency to call me Puddin' whilst wielding it, though, and her character has a red and black motif. This should probably concern me more if I were serious.
Nice harley Quin reference :)