Pandemic Binge playing of SDV

FarmerLaura

Greenhorn
I have been indulging in a lot of marathon playing sessions of Stardew Valley during our pandemic social isolating. Currently have two saved files I am playing. One is a very advanced playthrough on Hilltop - my best game to date in fact. The other is an early game on the Riverland farm ( year 1 winter at the moment). Is SDV a big part of your sheltering in place life?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
ooh, both farms sound nice! i haven't played much in self isolation but i have certainly thought about it. i got some bigger achievements recently but i got plenty to fo dtill, including starting a joja farm.

what are you most proud of in your hilltop farm?

FarmerLaura

Greenhorn
ooh, both farms sound nice! i haven't played much in self isolation but i have certainly thought about it. i got some bigger achievements recently but i got plenty to fo dtill, including starting a joja farm.

what are you most proud of in your hilltop farm?
I am proud of the efficiency of how I moved through the challenges of the first 2 years, and the following year post CC challenges (lost bundle/community upgrade etc). Also completed the monster eradication goals, caught all the fish, made it to level 100 in Skull cavern with less than 10 stairs, cooked all the food, shipped all the items, completed all the donations, and got all the star drops etc. But most of all, I have not died ONCE in Skull cavern!

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I am proud of the efficiency of how I moved through the challenges of the first 2 years, and the following year post CC challenges (lost bundle/community upgrade etc). Also completed the monster eradication goals, caught all the fish, made it to level 100 in Skull cavern with less than 10 stairs, cooked all the food, shipped all the items, completed all the donations, and got all the star drops etc. But most of all, I have not died ONCE in Skull cavern!
yo big kudos! I haven't made it to floor 100 yet... that's one of my last big goals to do :cry: but not dying once is really impressive!

FarmerLaura

Greenhorn
yo big kudos! I haven't made it to floor 100 yet... that's one of my last big goals to do :cry: but not dying once is really impressive!
I will NEVER do Skull Cavern again without having the slime charmer ring to combine with the Iridium ring. Having the Iridium slimes in the cavern not harm you makes a huge difference. Some floors are just littered with them and they are wicked bad, so having them negated makes all the difference!