Theory time: where does Sebastian get his cigarettes from?

Xyrella

Planter
I never thought about that before but because of the discussion in the Bachelor thread I asked myself this. They are not sold in town. Neither Pierre, Joja or Gus sell any. Does he have his own little tobacco plantation somewhere? Or he got them from Zuzu. Then he would have to have a large stock, because he never leaves the valley. (Perhaps another reason why we need Zuzu to explore.) ^^

Your theory?

quirmzi

Sodbuster
I don't know why, but I've had this idea for the longest time that the traveling merchant, while selling you furniture and nature goods, is also Pelican Town's resident dealer? Not even for drugs, but she would sell things like cosmetics and CDs and Sebastian's smokes. I imagine waiting in line to buy an overpriced coffee bean while Hayley tries to convince her to lower the price of an eyeshadow palette.

Xyrella

Planter
there's just some smokes behind the counter at pierre's like in many convenience stores and pierre has to get them for him
At least not obvious but maybe on the quiet? Smokes may not fit a good image but I could imagine that Pierre offers more than what you see in the shop.
Edit: an idea for a 10 heart event with Pierre - he shows you his secret store. ^^

Last edited:

Person090

Planter
At least not obvious but maybe on the quiet? Smokes may not fit a good image but I could imagine that Pierre offers more than what you see in the shop.
Edit: an idea for a 10 heart event with Pierre - he shows you his secret store. ^^
Maybe that's his secret stash

Xyrella

Planter
Ok, I'd like to summarize the theories.
He rides with his motorcycle to the city. Obviously he doesn't do this during the day, but maybe he drives to a 24/7 store at night. I could imagine that.
I could also imagine the online shop and I think straight ahead and wish that we could also get a computer to cover our needs online. That would be very bad times for Pierre with Joja, the night market and an online shop. On the other hand, also very realistic.
And as I mention Pierre, I also adhere to the fact that this dubious guy sells more than what we see.
The traveling merchant as a resident dealer? I like that but all the stuff there must be overpriced maybe for the service to carry that stuff to the valley. Most of the items could be out of Zuzu and maybe you'll get them there to a "normal" price. (We really need Zuzu to explore.)
And now I think the thought of the own tobacco plantation is the most unlikely. ^^
Edit: I forgot the train. Maybe this is one reason why he is often at the train station. Waiting for supplies. But I usually only get coal there and you can't smoke it. :D
Edit2: This is not the end of the thread. Just a summary in between. ^^

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
That makes sense, or maybe they fall off the train.
Edit: I forgot the train. Maybe this is one reason why he is often at the train station. Waiting for supplies. But I usually only get coal there and you can't smoke it. :D
I really like AliceKerr813's train idea, lots of odd stuff falls off the train and Seb lives close by. I think he knows exactly which train, ehm, "accidentally" drops which stuff and he knows just when to show up. He's a trainspotter.

Lappy

Sodbuster
Buying them while out riding his motorcycle makes the most sense, but I like to think that he wins them from Sam playing pool at the Saloon, and Sam "borrows" them from his dad's stash. Kent got the good stuff while he was serving. That's why Seb never lets Sam win.

My alternate theory is that Gus sells them, not Pierre.

Odin

Staff member
I've always seen Pelican Town as one of those places where trains just pass through without stopping. I know the station is there, but it doesn't seem like it's getting much use.