Magic!

Disclaimer: This is a copy and paste from the General Discussion section, a member mentioned I should try to post it here and see if there is any interest!

So I'll get right to it. I love the combat in-game, it's easy to pick up and not at all complicated. An idea I think would be interesting is to incorporate magic! We already have a magic user in-game, well... two. The witch and M. Razmodius. There are other magical beings, [such as the fairy]but I'll keep this simple.

So a thought would be to add maybe a profession in the combat section? You could potentially diverge from criticals and melee to supplement magic. Or make a separate category, possibly with combat AND utility options attached? Factor in farming and combat for quality of life skills. You could also lock the skill until a certain time/M. Razmodius likes you enough and allows you to learn magic. In turn, you would unlock a mana bar, next to the stamina bar.

Anyway, not super detailed. But just an idea if anyone has ever been interested in magic themselves!

Any feedback is most welcome!

Last edited:
To further add to the suggestion, M. Razmodius could potentially set up a store similar to the adventurers guild.

He could have a little elemental/familiar helping with his magic shop/training academy. You could effectively add a whole separate questline!

Boo1972

Farmer
I would actually like more magic in general so I’m all for this. I would like to be able to use magic for combat or to increase my contact with magical creatures. I would also like to see new NPCs who interact more with the wizard so he is drawn slightly more into life in the valley.

I would actually like more magic in general so I’m all for this. I would like to be able to use magic for combat or to increase my contact with magical creatures. I would also like to see new NPCs who interact more with the wizard so he is drawn slightly more into life in the valley.
It could even be used to add more mythical creatures in the barns and coops. Taming them using magic. So potentially more artisan goods, live stock items, etc.

Person090

Planter
I've always felt sorry for the guy, a shut in, divorcee (probably because of the caroline thing) and probably being separated from his biological daughter. I also have reason to believe M. Rasmodius is actually M. Jasper but that's just speculation. Actually using magic instead of just witnessing it like with the junimos and wizard would be really cool. Maybe have a thing like with the recipes for the spells, except you cant buy it off him, you need to get him some items, like with the dessert trader. Maybe even buy a potion off him that restores Mana, or actually learn recipes from him for food that can restore Mana, the possibilities are endless.

Person090

Planter
and I feel like there's gonna be a cutscene where Rasmodius tell you how you're special and that you actually have magical blood or something, because you can LITERALLY TALK WITH BEARS.

I've always felt sorry for the guy, a shut in, divorcee (probably because of the caroline thing) and probably being separated from his biological daughter. I also have reason to believe M. Rasmodius is actually M. Jasper but that's just speculation. Actually using magic instead of just witnessing it like with the junimos and wizard would be really cool. Maybe have a thing like with the recipes for the spells, except you cant buy it off him, you need to get him some items, like with the dessert trader. Maybe even buy a potion off him that restores Mana, or actually learn recipes from him for food that can restore Mana, the possibilities are endless.
That's spellcrafting territory and I'm all in for that too! That's new crafting items, craftable spells, etc. There's a lot of applications when adding magic into the mix.