Wilderness farm buff and combat profit's

FighterMan

Greenhorn
Hello everyone I do not know if it has been suggested or discussed yet but to make a long story short I have made separate save files one for each map and bachelorette and would focus on each skill per map as my primary source of income. farming is easy as is just about every other skill and can be gotten off the ground with enough work early and late can be pretty sweet and enjoyable. however, I was trying to do that with combat and while I now it is mostly used just for fighting I wondered why the only real option I can see for being a combat farmer or adventurer is getting a slime hutch. and the slime hutch isn't profitable even by the time you get it due to the iridium requirement. I know it isn't a normal way to play the game but I just see so many ways with other skills to make a living but combat doesn't have many options outside of making sturdy rings painfully slow early just to get a slime hutch and maybe a dinosaur or two later and still be lagging in profit. sure this may just be a dumb idea and I may just be silly but if I can show up to the farm and make it into a fishing paradise or focus on mining or even just go forage crazy and still make a decent coin doing so that translate's into later gameplay...why not combat especially if you are on the wilderness farm for fighting things? I guess what I'm asking for is some love for making a living as an adventurer without having to mine for gem's or grow crops or forage as a main source of income. maybe add trophies or more craftable options with the parts we do find from monsters to make into things to sell to Marlon for a decent profit or something like that. maybe more monster breeding options and facilities to be a "monster rancher" or so to speak heh ^.^> sorry for the bad pun. but if I could get any feedback on this or thoughts and idea's expanding upon this or hearing from others that also feel the same way would be amazing even if I only heard from one person. thank you for taking the time to read and for considering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Odin

Staff member
Hi! While you're welcome to adjust the font of your messages, I'd ask that you avoid bolding entire messages or using really large font sizes as it can make that message more difficult to read. I've removed the bolding from your message and moved the font size down to 18.

I think for a lot of people, mining and combat are very closely intertwined, as most of the time when fighting monsters you're in the mines. It would be cool to see the game add more uses for monster parts though! Maybe the farmer could learn some basic magic from the Wizard?

FighterMan

Greenhorn
oh hey, thank you I did not realize that sorry about that. I think that learning some magic would be pretty cool and yeah I agree that mining and combat are pretty close you could make a decent living off gem hunting and bar making while combat itself does not receive that much of anything unless it is a ring a few dishes and slime hutch things. And I forgot to mention that the wilderness farm technically gives you access to combat before the 5th but after that, it's main focus just about has no appeal when you can fight anywhere else for better things which goes back to mining. maybe there could be an area or two where you go to just fight and collect parts and stuff? I dunno I just feel like every skill should have its way to make a living even combat and so far I honestly feel that it is the only one with no love for that. is there anything I am missing?