What Place Gives You The Most Money From Fishing?

• The Mountain Lake

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Mines Floor 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mines Floor 60

• Mines Floor 100

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Witch's Swamp

• Mutant Bug Lair

• Ginger Island

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Pelican Town River

• The Beach

• The Desert

• Cindersap Forest Pond

• Cindersap Forest River

• The Sewers

• The Secret Woods

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't mention the farms because I'm pretty sure you can't catch that much good stuff in them.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have done no calculations about this, though it should be a manageable task. By someone else. However my feeling is that night fishing favors the Ocean while day fishing favors the Mountain Lake. Town River fishing always seems lackluster to me while Forest River fishing seems somewhat better but not to the standards of the Mountain Lake.

However if you need quick g, Ocean fishing beats everything as you can sell to Willy and then on the way home buy that Large Pack or Apple Sapling you've been grinding for.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Lol, in early game I regard money in my pocket as a defeat for the day as it should have been spent on moving the CC bundles forward or purchasing something useful. Like Jungle Vines for the house.

Actually now that I think of it, I'd usually hit the Mines at that point and make sure I had pockets full of filthy Ores, hoardable Gems, and about 8g so when I collapsed just outside the Mine, I'd get all of 1g deducted from my riches and ol' Lewis'll have to deal with a gold-plated hollow cheap-Easter-chocolate-bunny statue instead of a solid one.

Ha!

Elenna101

Farmer
Not sure this poll really works the way you have it set up, since I'd assume the answer depends on the season, weather, and time of day?

I really only fish for money in spring, personally. In spring, I think the mountain lake is the best for money unless it's raining, then the river is the best but only if you can catch catfish. (Plus I like keeping some chubs to eat).

Worblehat

Planter
The min-max guide did the relevant calculations for Spring and Summer. As you'd expect, the answer depends on season and weather. And player skill - forest river won't actually do much for you if you lack the ability to catch the catfish you hook. 🙂

For me the Ocean works well exactly as Lew Zealand said. By the time Willy closes I've usually done as much fishing as I can tolerate for the day, anyway. But overall my fishing choices have been driven more by what I need (CC bundles and/or quest boards) and where I am if I happen to have spare time/energy for some fishing (lots of mountain lake fishing when I was smelting my copper ores, for example).

Re: The Farm - according to the wiki, all of the non-default options allow you to catch fish, though it looks like the trash percentage is still pretty high in most cases.

ZeFat

Sodbuster
Hum depends on your fishing level as well and what professions you took, if you picked the fishing prices up fishing rare fish usually comes up 1st, getting the legend on spring is a must since it can be caught multiple times but its hard but its a whooping 15k. Lava eels on ginger island are also good, giving you usually around 1k-2k but they can be tricky to get since their behavior is all over the place. No for consistency a good mix between the ocean with the super cucumbers, pufferfish or the mines for the stone fish or ice pip. But the thing with fishing is the more you fish the more money you do regardless, the ocean probably gets you a larger a bigger quantity of fish for the money.

Season, weather and time of day are as important as location when it comes to best places to fish for money.

Assuming that the player has sufficient skill to catch whatever takes the bait, my feeling is that the best place for a day's fishing is probably at the beach on a sunny day in Summer. Throughout the whole day there's no fish with a base price below 75g (Red Mullet and Tilapia, plus Halibut at 80g), there's the 100g fish (Tuna, Flounder) and then there's the pretty valuable stuff like Octopus at 150g, Pufferfish at 200g and Super Cucumber at 250g. With quality and profession multipliers, with wild bait to increase the bite rate, and with mostly iridium quality fish, with gold quality on the top end stuff because they are more difficult, 15,000g per day is very much within reach.

Bilqy

Greenhorn
From my experience, the volcano fishing spot in Ginger Island has a pretty high rate of Lava Eels. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the best now.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Actually now that I think of it, I'd usually hit the Mines at that point and make sure I had pockets full of filthy Ores, hoardable Gems, and about 8g so when I collapsed just outside the Mine, I'd get all of 1g deducted from my riches and ol' Lewis'll have to deal with a gold-plated hollow cheap-Easter-chocolate-bunny statue instead of a solid one.

Ah, so he's the one that Linus always sees taking money off of you while you're catatonic. It makes so much sense.