Vinegar is the only cooking ingredient we can't make ourselves.

imnvs

Local Legend
I like it.

I'll point out that Sunflowers and Sunflower Seeds can also be used to make oil, too.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
Ahahahhahahah.. I didn't even know you COULD make oil without sunflower seeds! I tried the coconut, then the sunflower, and never made it to corn. Is it faster to make oil from one or the other?

estewanini

Sodbuster
Imagine my shock when I tossed rice into a keg hoping for sake or vinegar and got rice juice. What even is rice juice? I was so disgusted. But I sold it. Which begs the question, who drinks rice juice? It’s the greatest SDV mystery.
Never tried putting rice in the keg, disappointed to know that it doesn't make sake (and as disgusted as uncle Iroh was with hot leaf juice).

Iridium quality wine is two seasons, but vinegar is 3 seasons. something like that
To be fair, to get vinegar in the real world you always make a form of alcohol first, and then turn it into the vinegar. Wine "going bad" is how you get vinegar, truly.
If we follow the real world application of making vinegar into SDV I don't think the payoff would be as well worth it, maybe that's why CA didn't implement this?

imnvs

Local Legend
If we follow the real world application of making vinegar into SDV I don't think the payoff would be as well worth it, maybe that's why CA didn't implement this?
This may be true, but to be honest, the only wines worth making in SDV are more expensive than the alcohols that are typically used in the real world to make vinegar. The cheapest fruit I make into wine are Pomegranates and Peaches. Apple wine (aka apple cider) is generally more expensive than plain grain vinegar.

If we could turn alcohol into vinegar, though, I could easily switch production over for 1 week to get an alcohol that I could make into vinegar.