Coding Help Unique responses for specific gift?

Fluorke

Greenhorn
(English isn't my native language, so I hope you will understand what I mean lol)

Hello, I've seen similar threat already somewhere, but it was posted few years ago and it doesn't have answers. With the new update for SV, some NPC's have unique responses for specific gifts. Like, for example, Alex has a general response for "loved" gifts which is "Hey, awesome! I love this stuff!” but when you give him Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Thick book (which is also his loved gift) he responds with "Aw, yeah... I've been looking for this one. It's supposed to be full of tips for bulking up. Rule number one... Eat a ton of eggs! Hah, no problem! Thanks!”. Same with his liked gifts, where he has diferrent responses for each kind of egg. I'm currently making my own NPC mod, and I wanted to make some unique responds as well, but I don't know how. Every tutorial I've seen shows how to add only general responds for loved, liked, neutral, disliked or hated gifts. Can anyone help? What should I put in the code to give my NPC a unique respond for one specific item?

Saah

Cowpoke
Add it to their strings. It should look like
Code:
"AcceptGift_(O)595": "Thank you so much! I love roses!"
Replace (O)595 with the item's ID. You can also use a tag, like Penny's "AcceptGift_book_item".

IMG_1823.jpeg

Code:
    "Changes": [
        {
            "Action": "EditData",
            "Target": "Characters/Dialogue/Maru",
            "Entries": {
                "AcceptGift_(O)595": "Thank you so much! I love roses!"
            }
        },
]