Stardew Valley on sale at Steam for $9

Lew Zealand

Helper
If anyone's been thinking of picking up SDV on a new platform to Co-op with different people (or mobile users who want v1.5, 🤕 sorry!), SDV for PC and Mac via Steam is $8.99 for the next 2 weeks. It's also $11.99 at GOG and these 2 platforms don't do Co-op between them unless you're playing on the same local network, so maybe ask your intended what system they're bought into first?

Ah, the complications of modern life.

BTW SDV is the second highest rated game with at least 100K reviews on Steam, barely behind Terraria and ahead of Portal (!!).

adamtalakom

Sodbuster
Quick question, how would I figure out if my computer can handle the game? I currently play on PS4 but I kind of want to try modding and I know the PC experience is a whole other thing.

Lew Zealand

Helper
That used to be an easy question as almost any PC made in the last 10 years could play it. I play on a 13-year old MacBook Pro on occasion. However there are a number of posts in the Bug Reports section from people with completely capable hardware that just can't get it working, either at a decent speed or at all.

Something I know doesn't work is if you're using a Mac with Intel HD 3000 graphics (these are all listed as 2011 models). If you have a PC with those graphics, there is a patch to get it working but I haven't tried it myself as I don't have a PC with that spec.

Soooo, whatcha got??

adamtalakom

Sodbuster
I have a Dell that's only a few years old. I've also found a website called systemrequirementslab.com that tells you if your computer can run a game. Thanks for the advice!

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Quick question, how would I figure out if my computer can handle the game? I currently play on PS4 but I kind of want to try modding and I know the PC experience is a whole other thing.
I have a bit of a potato of a laptop, and it’s able to run Stardew (given how the default game itself doesn’t take up a lot of space/memory/etc., least of all compared to a lot of other pc games), as well as can handle the mods. The only time I experience lag and freeze time is primarily with loading up the saves, and then loading the actual save file itself. However, that’s due to the fact of the PyTK mod I use, since it’s a requirement for another mod that I use in order to use other mods lol. When I don’t have PyTK installed, I don’t experience the long lag/wait time.

I also purchased and installed SV through Steam, so I don’t know about how it handles from installing/playing it through other means on pc. But, I imagine it should still be fine?

Quirinea

Farmer
I play SDV on Dells from 2014-2017, so if yours is about that old you should be good!
My Dell laptop is also from 2017, running Linux (BTW it was almost the only model available with preinstalled Linux). Running fine. Also heavily modded (although for other reasons I do not recommend having RSV, East Scarpe and Zuzu in the same save... )