Save Files Not Working

RBM

Farmhand
Hi all. I am new to the forum. I recently got a new phone. I have 13 years of play saved on my old phone. I cannot successfully transfer the save files from my previous Android to my new iPhone.

I have tried thoroughly to use the method on Stardewvalleywiki:

1) Connected android to pc with cable
2) Copied entire save file with my player name to my PC
3) Connected iphone to pc with cable
4) Attempted to transfer the saved files to iPhone

* The files show no extension, never did, and do not register

I played the game again on Android and saved a new copy to make sure there is indeed a working data file there in the Stardew Valley folder. It works and is complete.

I have since tried using itunes, EaseUS and various file transfer apps on my PC to move the files from one phone to the other. No app works. The files do not show up when I browse to put them into itunes, EaseUS, etc.

I saved the files to google drive on android, and they do not show at all on the same google drive when I open it on iPhone.

I saved the files to icloud.com from my android. They show up in icloud on my iPhone, but are useless. They do not register at all with the Stardew Valley app on iPhone.

The instructions on wiki mention a step wherein you remove the "bin" file extensions when downloading to ios. There are no "bin" file extensions on any file in my player folder.

I emailed the documents. I tried fileshare, dropbox, etc, in order to get the files to be complete so that my new phone can use them. NOTHING works.

PLEASE do not refer me to the wiki transfer instructions. I have tried that so many times. I have worked in software support for CBP and I have never in my life seen anything so convoluted and difficult. Others seem to have simply been able to copy to a cloud and downloaded. But then other people post ridiculously complicated instructions on moving the files. I have to think if simply copying to a cloud and downloading to new phone worked, everyone would use that method and it would be the number one method on Stardewwiki.

I am certain something is wrong with my files. But if that is the case, why do they still work on the app on my Android???

Can anyone please help. And if possible, does anyone have an actual video of the process described on wiki for saving Android to PC to IOS? Perhaps someone has pictures of their actual files? Not just the folder?

Thanks,
RBS