Porting between tablets

zfawnz

Newcomer
Hi all. So Ive played on and off a few years now and every time I have to get a new tablet because it wears out i have to start all over. My current tablet is having charge issues and I want to know if there is a way to port the game from one to another android tablet or phone?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can just email the save folder to yourself.
Navigate whatever file app you have until you find stardew valley then enter the saves folder and copy the folder with your desired save (it’s name will be the name of your farm in game and the save seed).
Should just be able to paste it into and email and send it over. Then on the new device save it to the same folder (both devices have to have stardew)

zfawnz

Newcomer
Trying, it says file too large to send. Trying to figure out share via Bluetooth, new to me and it doesn't seem to be able to find other tablet. Have bt on on both and even linked but it just keeps circling, is thinking. Any more suggestions? Feel free to talk to me like a computer illiterate grandma, step by step

zfawnz

Newcomer
Do you know any way to improve ability to charge a tablet when the charging wire is loose and you have to hold the wire in a certain way to keep it charging? That's what is wrong with the tablet it is on ad I'm afraid of losing access to the game on it before it dies and I can't charge anymore

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Trying, it says file too large to send. Trying to figure out share via Bluetooth, new to me and it doesn't seem to be able to find other tablet. Have bt on on both and even linked but it just keeps circling, is thinking. Any more suggestions? Feel free to talk to me like a computer illiterate grandma, step by step
I've always just compressed it and it works, on apple there is a cloud mail system which you can use which can also send larger files, is there anything similar on android?

zfawnz

Newcomer
Well I guess I'm starting over again. That tablet is no longer charging and has no power anymore. I will try to play through STEAM now and see if by doing so I can switch between devices.

Question now is how do I start playing through steam? I went to my library, bought the game outright (was free through playstore with play pass before so I guess I'm cancelling play pass now). I downloaded it on a Chromebook but I prefer not to use Chromebook for gaming so now I'm trying to set it up on a new tablet. I installed steam and found the game is in my library but don't see a link to install so I installed through playstore again but will my activity be saved on steam now since both are installed even if I access it through the installed version from playstore?