No manifest.json file?

TechyRoseKitty

Greenhorn
Hello, I am new to modding and I a am having a issue testing my test mod. I have a manifest written in JSON saved to my Mod folder as well as the JSON file for the content. The assets folder has my Map and other things like the landscape in every season, the Cabin I want to use and so forth. I was having an issue with it loading and I fixed that, however I am now getting the error that I have no manifes,json file in my Mod. But, I do have one. Is there a work around for this? I don't mind sharing the source code if that will help, just trying to learn about modding and this is frustrating me. Thank you for all the help you can give and I will work on the issue some more as well.

Here is a copy of what is in my Manifest file at the moment. I know it is not a lot, I am learning as I go.

{{
"Name": "FairyCircle",
"Author": "TechyRoseKitty",
"Version": "1.0.0",
"Description": "THis mod adds a Fairy Circle to the Forest below the farm ",
"UniqueID": "TechyRoseKitty.FairyCircle",
"UpdateKeys": ["Nexus:???"]
"ContentPackFor": {
"UniqueID": "Pathoschild.ContentPatcher"
}
}

UPDATE:
So, I have worked on this for a few more hours last night and still it is not loading. However! I now am getting a different message from the loader. I am going to try and upload my screen shots of what it is saying so that someone might be able to tell me what is going on here. I want to restate that I am very new to this and I actually do not know a whole lot about coding, What little I know is for Java and it is not a whole lot. Basic animation from one side of the screen to the other, making shapes and filling colors. That is about it. I am trying to learn by doing which is the way I learn the easiest. With a little seeing as well. Anyways, Thank you for any help you an give me.

I hope everyone had a fantastic day. <3

Attachments

Last edited:
Howdy, thanks for sharing the screenshots & code.

Your code formatted:
Code:
{{
    "UpdateKeys": ["Nexus:???"]
    }
}
Note: You can use the SMAPI site's JSON validator to help a bit:

Fixes:
Remove that first curly bracket you have there; it's an extra one. Notice, how you have 2 at the top, then 2 for the ContentPackFor line, and then 1 at the end. That's causing issues for you. They should come in pairs like the "ContentPackFor" line. So, one curly bracket at the top, with one corresponding one at the end to close it out.

Next, you'll need a comma at the end of the "UpdateKeys" line. After that square bracket.

And, lastly; you'll still get errors from SMAPI until you replace those questions marks with a mod key number.
It's an optional way to notify users about needing an update.
So, while your testing, and creating the mod you can delete that "UpdateKeys" line if you wish.

Fixed except for UpdateKeys value:
Code:
{
    "UpdateKeys": ["Nexus:???"],
    }
}