Nicer Blobfish and adult pig

There a two objects which appear a bit strange to me: the Blobfish and the adult pig. The Blobfish doesn't look like a fish at all and the adult pig seems much to big in comparison to cow and goat.
I don't know how to change the Blobfish. But for the pig the younger version could be the main one and a down-scaled version could be used as new piglet.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
Blobfish live deep under water in a high pressure environment. If you take them out, they die and get deformed because of the lower pressure.

The pig is less cute than the other animals. Fully grown pigs aren't really cute, but I don't know if a cuter version wouldn't fit the Stardew theme a bit better.

imnvs

Local Legend
I kinda wish the blobfish had been skipped in Stardew, another fish replacing it on the list... because those poor things. They only look like they do in the game and @Witch Sammy 's image after they've died because of decompression. Technically we should not be able to put them in fish ponds too, because, like I said... dead, you know?

I just have to remind myself... "suspension of disbelief, suspension of disbelief, if tilapia can be found in the ocean we can have blobfish on the surface."

Ereo

Helper
Technically, any fish that's been sitting in a backpack or a chest would die and should not go back to life in a fish pond (or aquarium.

Suspension of disbelief is already going pretty far for the whole fish farming.

Technically, any fish that's been sitting in a backpack or a chest would die and should not go back to life in a fish pond (or aquarium.

Suspension of disbelief is already going pretty far for the whole fish farming.
...that's discussible for all storage I would say. Having food or flowers over seasons fresh is pretty inaccurate. Anyway I don't like to have the hole game changed (and by no means into a hardcore business simulation!).

Having the Blobfish more looking like the image of Salonpad would be fine for me.

Salty1

Planter
...that's discussible for all storage I would say. Having food or flowers over seasons fresh is pretty inaccurate. Anyway I don't like to have the hole game changed (and by no means into a hardcore business simulation!).
Yeah, no kidding. Like, "Oh, it's Shane's birthday. What do I have for him... oh, I'll give him back the pizza he sent me a year ago that's been sitting in a chest outside my front door the entire time. The one he said he got from Jojamart's back room even though it had been closed for a month when he sent it."

Fat Link

Cowpoke
I kinda wish the blobfish had been skipped in Stardew, another fish replacing it on the list... because those poor things. They only look like they do in the game and @Witch Sammy 's image after they've died because of decompression. Technically we should not be able to put them in fish ponds too, because, like I said... dead, you know?

I just have to remind myself... "suspension of disbelief, suspension of disbelief, if tilapia can be found in the ocean we can have blobfish on the surface."
Well TBH you don’t even need to use suspension of disbelief since the game despite having a great deal of realistic elements about it is still essentially a fantasy game and world.

I mean you’ve got literal witches, wizards and faeries in the game all of whom presumably have literal magical powers.

Then there’s void chickens and living dinosaurs and gigantic mushroom trees etc, etc.

Then you’ve got your talking maple syrup loving bears, your flying half raccoon half bear trash collecting creatures, extraterrestrial dwarves that forgot their ET origins they’ve been trapped in Stardew Valley for so long, villagers that never age, shadow beings like Krobus not to mention cave/mining monsters.

Also the game features no form of police/law enforcement whatsoever.

I mean I know Stardew Valley is largely meant to be a peaceful small town locale but even the real world equivalents at least generally have a constable/town sheriff if nothing else.

Though sure on that last one it probably wasn’t included because CA simply ran out of time.

Salty1

Planter
I mean I know Stardew Valley is largely meant to be a peaceful small town locale but even the real world equivalents at least generally have a constable/town sheriff if nothing else.

Though sure on that last one it probably wasn’t included because CA simply ran out of time.
Some towns are legit so small they don't even have their own - like one Sheriff might cover several little towns (though you're likely to at least meet/encounter them more often than the governor).

The discussion here goes fast out of topic... :hmm:

Anyway: the wizard is a kind of sheriff
because he mediates the conflict between Krobus and the dwarf. He also banishs his ex-wife even if he seems to love her still.

imnvs

Local Legend
Well TBH you don’t even need to use suspension of disbelief since the game despite having a great deal of realistic elements about it is still essentially a fantasy game and world.

I mean you’ve got literal witches, wizards and faeries in the game all of whom presumably have literal magical powers.

Then there’s void chickens and living dinosaurs and gigantic mushroom trees etc, etc.
Well, you need suspension of disbelief to believe those too. That's the thing, literally all fantasy requires suspension of disbelief, otherwise the witch flies past your coop and you're like, "People can't fly on broomsticks!"

LRangerR

Local Legend

I read somewhere that they're mainly caught by bottom trawlers too, which makes the entire situation leave an even worse taste in my mouth. I personally wouldn't mind the blobfish being replaced. That or just take the submarine out :P

imnvs

Local Legend
I can't see it happening, given ConcernedApe's reply to changing tilapia from being an ocean fish:

But, I've been proven wrong many times before. :wink:
I know what you're saying, and I get it... but just changing the name and sprite to a fish not in the game already is different than moving a fish from one place to another. Replacing just one fish with a new fish with the same difficulty to catch, same cost, etc, just with a different name? No balance issues. Moving one fish so that there are fewer fish available at the original spot, and more fish available at the new spot... that means having to worry about shuffling other fish to compensate which isn't needed for a simple replacement.