Solved Need help - Old Save State in Danger :(

Sunshinegirlie

Greenhorn
Hey guys,

I hosted a farm for me and my girls and now we cannot play anymore. I deleted my old mods, but it seems there are still some ruins left behind...
I really would like to remove the mod data. Can anybody help me please?

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'G:\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\GuntherSilvian.xnb'.
File name: 'G:\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\GuntherSilvian.xnb'
at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1828
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6307
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4906
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Thanks, sending the whole folder & files makes things quicker.
I removed the 2 main NPCs that cause crashes, and now it loads up in-game just fine for me.

So, you should be good to go.
You can just delete the copy in your Saves folder, and then extract my edited version there.

Attachments

Sunshinegirlie

Greenhorn
Okay, we played for a week now and we got just one more issue with the game crashing: Everytime we want to do a job of the special orders board in front of Lewis house, we get a task from "Sophie", a NPC from one of my old mods. We cannot skip it, because the game crashes as soon as we accept this task. Can you tell us how to fix this? Can you help? Thanks a lot in advance.

Okay, we played for a week now and we got just one more issue with the game crashing: Everytime we want to do a job of the special orders board in front of Lewis house, we get a task from "Sophie", a NPC from one of my old mods. We cannot skip it, because the game crashes as soon as we accept this task. Can you tell us how to fix this? Can you help? Thanks a lot in advance.
Oh, sorry; I wasn't aware the mod added special orders as well.

I do see a special order for Sophia in the save I sent back to you. So, that's probably what needs to be deleted.

Code:
<SpecialOrder>
      <preSelectedItems />
      <selectedRandomElements />
      <objectives xsi:type="DonateObjective">
        <currentCount>0</currentCount>
        <maxCount>50</maxCount>
        <description>Drop off fairy seeds at Sophia's chest.</description>
        <failOnCompletion>false</failOnCompletion>
        <dropBox>SophiaChest</dropBox>
        <dropBoxGameLocation>Custom_BlueMoonVineyard</dropBoxGameLocation>
        <dropBoxTileLocation>
          <X>20</X>
          <Y>30</Y>
        </dropBoxTileLocation>
        <acceptableContextTagSets>item_fairy_seeds</acceptableContextTagSets>
        <minimumCapacity>-1</minimumCapacity>
        <confirmed>false</confirmed>
      </objectives>
        <maxCount>10</maxCount>
        <description>Drop off fairy stone.</description>
        <dropBoxTileLocation>
          <X>20</X>
          <Y>30</Y>
        </dropBoxTileLocation>
        <acceptableContextTagSets>item_fairy_stone</acceptableContextTagSets>
      </objectives>
        <maxCount>10</maxCount>
        <description>Drop off fairy dust.</description>
        <dropBoxTileLocation>
          <X>20</X>
          <Y>30</Y>
        </dropBoxTileLocation>
        <acceptableContextTagSets>item_fairy_dust</acceptableContextTagSets>
      </objectives>
      <generationSeed>63182657</generationSeed>
      <seenParticipantsIDs />
      <participantsIDs />
      <unclaimedRewardsIDs />
      <appliedSpecialRules>false</appliedSpecialRules>
      <rewards xsi:type="MoneyReward">
        <amount>
          <int>35000</int>
        </amount>
        <multiplier>
          <float>1</float>
        </multiplier>
      </rewards>
      <rewards xsi:type="MailReward">
        <noLetter>
          <boolean>true</boolean>
        </noLetter>
        <grantedMails>
          <string>SophiaFairyGarden</string>
        </grantedMails>
        <host>
          <boolean>false</boolean>
        </host>
      </rewards>
      <rewards xsi:type="FriendshipReward">
        <targetName>Sophia</targetName>
        <amount>250</amount>
      </rewards>
      <questKey>Sophia</questKey>
      <questName>[Sophia_Name]</questName>
      <questDescription>[Sophia_Text]</questDescription>
      <requester>Sophia</requester>
      <orderType />
      <specialRule />
      <readyForRemoval>false</readyForRemoval>
      <itemToRemoveOnEnd>-1</itemToRemoveOnEnd>
      <mailToRemoveOnEnd />
      <dueDate>224</dueDate>
      <duration>Month</duration>
      <questState>InProgress</questState>
    </SpecialOrder>

Feel free to send your current save to me, and I can edit it again.

IvyQ7

Newcomer
Hello! I am experiencing the same issue. If you aren't able to help me, could you guide me in right direction so I can attempt to fix this issue myself?

Thank you!

Attachments

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue. If you aren't able to help me, could you guide me in right direction so I can attempt to fix this issue myself?

Thank you!
Here's a fixed version.

The folder name had an extra '8' at the end of the name; which didn't match save name.

I also saw that it was a mobile save. Unfortunately, in the mobile version of the game; SDV occasionally saves monsters on the farm. Which the PC desktop versions don't like, hence the crash.
I removed the monsters from the farm, and it loads, & saves now.
Also, fixed up the SaveGameInfo so it shows the correct info on loading the save.

Attachments

snakeberry

Newcomer
Here's a fixed version.

The folder name had an extra '8' at the end of the name; which didn't match save name.

I also saw that it was a mobile save. Unfortunately, in the mobile version of the game; SDV occasionally saves monsters on the farm. Which the PC desktop versions don't like, hence the crash.
I removed the monsters from the farm, and it loads, & saves now.
Also, fixed up the SaveGameInfo so it shows the correct info on loading the save.
could I get some help? i am having issues with my save

Attachments

SarasGM

Newcomer
I get that error too please help me

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\GuntherSilvian.xnb'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\GuntherSilvian.xnb'
at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream(String safeName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\TitleContainer.Desktop.cs:line 29
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\TitleContainer.cs:line 37
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Content\ContentManager.cs:line 276
Stack Trace: at StardewValley.SaveGame.getLoadEnumerator(String file)+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1828
at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6307
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4906
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewValley.GameRunner.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalMultiplayer.cs:line 1067
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 814
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Platform\SDL\SDLGamePlatform.cs:line 91
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\MonoGame.Desktop\MonoGame.Framework\Game.cs:line 481
at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 175

Game Version: 1.5.6 Hotfix #3
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: es
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: fall 2 Y4 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

kimmy

Newcomer
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\GuntherSilvian.xnb'.
File name: 'E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\GuntherSilvian.xnb'

Game Version: 1.5.6 Hotfix #3
SDK Helper: SteamHelper
Game Language: zh
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2
In-game Date: spring 15 Y6 Time of Day: 600
Game Location: FarmHouse

Attachments