Mod Loadout

Geenaxion

Greenhorn
Is mod loadout still supported?

I want to have a seperate mod folder for multiplayer, so i won't have to move again and again when switching from single player to multiplayer mod.

I'm using a steam deck with, linux system.

I tried doing this but i can't get it to work.
Screenshot_20230216_090547_Samsung Internet.png

I just tried this on Desktop Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), and it works either way. Environment_variable, or launch-option like Windows/Mac.

If you use the Env_variable method; make sure the path is on the same line as your variable.
Your screenshot shows it on a newline; and that can cause issues.

And, don't forget that any spaces in the path should be escaped with a backslash like so:
/SteamappsPath/Stardew\ Valley/

Could you give me an example of what you did? thank you
Sure thing.
So, I took another look, and apologize. It does work, but it's a tiny bit more finicky than I thought.

I was using a manual installation of SMAPI, and launching SMAPI directly which makes it easier.

My test script for a fresh, normal install of SDV & SMAPI:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

# Normal, recommended method works fine.
SMAPI_MODS_PATH="Mods_multiplayer" /media/marc/1cb85229-4d9f-4b9a-bbec-34ec190cba3f/Linux\ Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/StardewValley

# Alternate method with "--mods-path" launch option requires using 'StardewModdingAPI' directly; instead of calling it with the SMAPI 'StardewValley' script.
#/media/marc/1cb85229-4d9f-4b9a-bbec-34ec190cba3f/Linux\ Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/StardewModdingAPI --mods-path "Mods_multiplayer"
I have SDV on an external drive; hence the long path needing a few escapes within.

I also tested the launch option, but it looks like the launch option isn't being passed to SMAPI's 'StardewValley' script properly.
Hence, for the alternate method; you use the launch option, then launch SMAPI directly. Bypassing the SMAPI launcher script that replaces the original launcher script.
In a manual installation of SMAPI, that's the optional last step I skip; out of personal preference.

2 different Mods directories within my SDV folder, one with 9 mods; the other with 5.
Code:
├── Mods
│   ├── [CFR] MysticTempestBotanyMachines
│   ├── CJBItemSpawner
│   │   ├── assets
│   │   └── i18n
│   ├── ConsoleCommands
│   ├── ContentPatcher
│   ├── [CP] MysticTempest_Tea_and_Botany_Mod
│   │   └── assets
│   ├── CustomFarmingRedux
│   ├── DebugMode
│   │   └── i18n
│   ├── ErrorHandler
│   │   └── i18n
│   └── PyTK

├── Mods_multiplayer
│   ├── CJBItemSpawner
│   │   ├── assets
│   │   └── i18n
│   ├── ConsoleCommands
│   ├── ContentPatcher
│   ├── DebugMode
│   │   └── i18n
│   └── ErrorHandler
│       └── i18n
SMAPI Log snippet showing mod directory switching:
Code:
[04:46:22 INFO  SMAPI] SMAPI 3.18.2 with Stardew Valley 1.5.6 (build 1.3.37.0) on Unix 4.15.0.52
[04:46:22 INFO  SMAPI] Mods go here: /media/marc/1cb85229-4d9f-4b9a-bbec-34ec190cba3f/Linux Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Mods

[05:08:29 INFO  SMAPI] SMAPI 3.18.2 with Stardew Valley 1.5.6 (build 1.3.37.0) on Unix 4.15.0.52
[05:08:29 INFO  SMAPI] Mods go here: /media/marc/1cb85229-4d9f-4b9a-bbec-34ec190cba3f/Linux Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Mods_multiplayer
[05:08:29 TRACE SMAPI] (Using custom --mods-path argument.)
A bit verbose, but hope that helps.

Geenaxion

Greenhorn
1 more question.
Since I installed smapi via the konsole, not manually.
How can i open the smapi launcher during the game if what i've used is the 2nd method?

again big thanks.

A big thank you to you.
It helps a lot.
No prob, glad I could help!

1 more question.
Since I installed smapi via the konsole, not manually.
How can i open the smapi launcher during the game if what i've used is the 2nd method?

again big thanks.
Sorry, I'm probably confusing you a bit. Both methods I posted in the script example work with a normal install.

But the alternate, launch_option method seems to only work if it's passed directly to the "StardewModdingAPI" binary. Hence, the 2nd method is a little different.

I was mentioning a manual install in relation to my first experience being that it worked without issue. Where I always run "StardewModdingAPI" directly.
For now you can ignore this.
---
As mentioned above, if you installed SMAPI normally. Either way is okay.

But, if you are choosing to use the 2nd method anyway.
I know here on "Ubuntu Mate' I can just choose to "Run In Terminal" when running it from the desktop. Not sure, if KDE/Konsole has something similar.

Or add a terminal execution command at the beginning of the line:
Code:
# Alternate method with "--mods-path" launch option requires using 'StardewModdingAPI' directly; instead of calling it with the SMAPI 'StardewValley' script.
xterm -e /media/marc/1cb85229-4d9f-4b9a-bbec-34ec190cba3f/Linux\ Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/StardewModdingAPI --mods-path "Mods_multiplayer"

# Same as above but with my Mate-terminal
#mate-terminal -x /media/marc/1cb85229-4d9f-4b9a-bbec-34ec190cba3f/Linux\ Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/StardewModdingAPI --mods-path "Mods_multiplayer"
It looks like Konsole is also using "-e"; so it should work with
konsole -e

jarlic

Newcomer
I know this is an old thread, but I made an account just to thank you all for posting this - I was having so much trouble trying to set up a multiplayer mod profile on manjaro linux and all of my other searches were absolutely fruitless. Thanks so much to both of you for bringing this thread into existence!!