Make Tackles and Dresser content stackable

Most things in SDV are stackable, even big things like furniture. It seems strange that such small things like tackles are not. So I would like to have these stackable too.
Also the dresser content could be stacked and just gets a counter when more the one item.

Edit:
BTW Jungle Torches aren't stackable as well but others like Wooden Braziers are.

Last edited:
Tackle has independent HP totals. That's the only problem. I mean if they are a full HP then it's a non issue. Clothing yeah it should be stackable just on the basis that if a friend wants to play you could use one dresser. I mean I know I put multiples of rings and shoes so that way they can swap as needed so I can see having more than one of each item

DesertBoots

Sodbuster
Tackle has independent HP totals. That's the only problem. I mean if they are a full HP then it's a non issue. Clothing yeah it should be stackable just on the basis that if a friend wants to play you could use one dresser. I mean I know I put multiples of rings and shoes so that way they can swap as needed so I can see having more than one of each item
I could see that only if they are brand new would they be stackable being an appropriate solution.

imnvs

Local Legend
Having tackle stackable would be fantastic. The only reason to have them not is because of worn ones needing to be tracked separately... but adding in stacking for the unworn ones?

(Me, I never keep worn tackle. As they get low, I take them off, replace with a fresh one... and then when I get home, any worn tackle gets put in deconstructors so that I get the most valuable ingredient back to make fresh ones.) I find that late game I always have more hardwood than I could ever use... so recently wanted to make something that would increase value, and the best option was a cork bobber... as for value, but the fact that they didn't stack made it tedious to craft enough to make any actual money off them. In some ways I rival @Lew Zealand in lazy ways, while in others I'm willing to put in the work... but running back and forth from my crafting bench to the shipping bin is annoying, tedious in such a fashion that my lazy kicks in on it. I mean, I could move the bin closer, but with the layout I have now... there's no room unless I completely reorganize my sheds AND build a new bin too... but then I'm still running back and forth out of my crafting shed. The only other option Isee is getting just enough of the ingredients out and then going to craft straight from my inventory (like some sort of primitive savage) while standing at the shipping bin, and that just... ugh... it's still clicking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

I'll just stop going to the Secret Woods and stop harvesting my Mahogany grove that I maintain down by Marnie's... I guess... but having tackle stackable? That would be glorious. I could use up hardwood and slime (which I only use for cork bobbers, wild bait and monster musk late game) since I find keeping slimes to be too much work too.

I never keep worn tackle. As they get low, I take them off, replace with a fresh one... and then when I get home, any worn tackle gets put in deconstructors so that I get the most valuable ingredient back to make fresh ones.
Thank you for this excellent tidbit. I only recently started making tackle. Your post is very detailed and gives me great insight to plan my future tactics.

I find that late game I always have more hardwood than I could ever use... so recently wanted to make something that would increase value, and the best option was a cork bobber... as for value, but the fact that they didn't stack made it tedious to craft enough to make any actual money off them. In some ways I rival @Lew Zealand in lazy ways, while in others I'm willing to put in the work... but running back and forth from my crafting bench to the shipping bin is annoying, tedious in such a fashion that my lazy kicks in on it. I mean, I could move the bin closer, but with the layout I have now... there's no room unless I completely reorganize my sheds AND build a new bin too... but then I'm still running back and forth out of my crafting shed. The only other option Isee is getting just enough of the ingredients out and then going to craft straight from my inventory (like some sort of primitive savage) while standing at the shipping bin, and that just... ugh... it's still clicking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.
I have put one of my mini-bin near the places where I want to sell things but have no space for the normal bin. One is in the greenhouse therefore.
But the mini-bin works different than the normal one with limited slots, so it is also not a perfect solution.

imnvs

Local Legend
I have put one of my mini-bin near the places where I want to sell things but have no space for the normal bin. One is in the greenhouse therefore.
But the mini-bin works different than the normal one with limited slots, so it is also not a perfect solution.
Exactly. I have a mini-shipping bin IN the shed that has all my crafting stuff... but the fact that the cork bobbers don't stack means I can only sell 9 of them? I can't put into text the amount of emotion I feel when I say, "Ugh."

MissDandy

Farmer
I love the idea of stackable tackles and such. It's SO annoying to not be able to! The only thing I would worry about asides from HP (and one that may have been already mentioned here but I don't think so?) is the 'wear' bar. It would be difficult to work around that issue if you had a bunch of them stacked. It maybe could be solved, however, if the tackle used could be treated as an individual item (as it is now) once the wear bar is shown after first use. Again, it's a little difficult because you wouldn't be able to treat it like bait, it would only be helpful for storage. I think the idea here is to have it be as simple as bait. I love it though, and I really wish you could stack it anywhere, rod or storage!

imnvs

Local Legend
The only thing I would worry about asides from HP (and one that may have been already mentioned here but I don't think so?) is the 'wear' bar. It would be difficult to work around that issue if you had a bunch of them stacked. It maybe could be solved, however, if the tackle used could be treated as an individual item (as it is now) once the wear bar is shown after first use.
The HP mentioned and the wear bar, as you put it, are the same thing.

MissDandy

Farmer
The HP mentioned and the wear bar, as you put it, are the same thing.
Well don't I look like a fool 😅 I thought for some reason that HP was the same as XP points or something. Thanks for pointing it out so that I don't make myself look like a noob anymore! (Not that there's anything wrong with being a newbie, but it's a little embarrassing if you're on year 10 like I am lol)