1.6 Update Long time no see!! 1.6 and other ramblings.

LRangerR

Local Legend
...but I feel like I don't deserve it until I beat Fector's Challenge. My boyfriend is out of state right now at a conference, but when he comes back I'm gonna ask him to save scum it for me lol.
I feel like there's something slightly wrong with this statement...

Isa730

Rancher
ah I knew it that I shouldn't have eaten all that jelly. How many do you need for the quest? Just so that I can save them up... and then eat the rest. :D

Thank you for sharing your impressions, I didn't find anything behind the balloon aside from rocks and branches but it gave me strong "hidden stuff" feelings so I'm happy you found your treasure!
You need three!! One of each (sea, river, and cave jelly) to craft the fish smoker, to then complete the quest. I actually got the first cave jelly from my lava eel pond, and apparently, you can get ocean jelly from flounder ponds. I just fished for the last two though, it only took one in-game day with +2 luck but it's not much! ^^;

You need to actually catch all three with a fishing rod though to complete your compendium, so I'm about to go back into the cave for more!

Also thank you!! About the balloon thing. Maybe they show up in random locations? No clue but it's worth looking around. :)

Isa730

Rancher
About his room I found it funny that he listened to fans complaint, and was just like "I hear you...his old room is flithy as well."

Maybe after he became a bachelor, he deepened his character and thought his room would be dirty, so when he want back into the game, he made his old one dirty as well.
I thought about this too!! CA knew what he was doing. :cry:

To me, for the story, it makes more sense for it to be reversed, where his old room is messy and his new one is... at least less messy. At least no beer cans!!! Just to show some kind of personal intrinsic growth. Though I think people have modded it to be neat so maybe that's in the cards for me one day. :proud:

Isa730

Rancher
Just noticed something cute by the way! I gave Sebastian pumpkin soup, and instead of the generic response, he said:

"You brought me soup? That's really nice of you."

"This one brings back a lot of memories..."

I'm most excited about new characterizations of the NPCs, so I'll be looking out for more. :owo:

ArtifactSpot

Poor Shane. I was hoping for better character outcome for him in 1.6. It seems it may be worse in some ways. 🥺

Isa730

Rancher
Also, I think I found Grandpa's secret gift. It's in Cindersnap Forest, in the southeast behind a tree!

1711231896246.png

Isa730

Rancher
1711246320747.png

Just noticed this-- first I'm surprised that nothing's posted, but it looks like we need to complete three of these to get the stars??