It'd be nice to grow Corn and other crops more often. What if some crops didn't need to be watered as often?

DemiserofD

Sodbuster
I'm a farmer in real life, and something that's important to keep in mind while farming or gardening is that different crops need different amounts of water to thrive. Especially crops like Corn can go for long periods of time and through harsh conditions with only intermittent water, which is part of why they're such a successful crop worldwide.

Anyway, this got me thinking about some of the less-used crops in stardew, like corn. A big part of why they're not planted is because they just don't produce as much income per effort as other crops. If you have to water everything everyday anyway, why not just plant blueberries or cranberries?

But what if some crops, like corn or eggplants, didn't need to be watered anywhere near as often? Maybe just once or twice while they're growing, and then every time they produce a crop?

That would feel really good, because you'd already be there so watering would be a breeze, and especially in the earlier parts of the game, you could get a big field of corn and manage it a lot more easily, even with a smaller watering can and less energy!

I'd start with Green Beans, Corn, and maybe Eggplant? Seems like I rarely grow any of those, and it'd be fun to see them more!

Thoughts?