iOS Controller support similar to home consoles

DankeBrutus

Newcomer
I’m really not sure how popular Stardew Valley is on iOS, or Android for that matter, but there are little things about the implementation of controller support for iOS that I feel make the game less fun to play.

I’ve never been a fan of touch controls, and since asking for full keyboard support on iPad or anything may be a much bigger ask, I think it would be better to bring over the kind of controller setup that console player have like on the Switch version. There are little things that I find are oddly not utilized in the iOS build of the game. Like how you can’t hold down the button to chop at trees or mine ore, you have to keep on pressing the X/square/Y button. Also you can’t split stacks or properly move items to/from/within storage and/or your inventory without touching the screen.

The only reason that I find this to be an odd setup is because iOS has controller support. You can use Xbox, Playstation, and a wide variety of third-party controller like from 8bitdo on iOS. iOS also has its own mfi controllers. I cannot speak for controller support on Android, as in I don’t know if it is better there, but I think that the mobile builds of the game should get a bit more attention.

donov6

Greenhorn
Just registered to reply to this. Would absolutely love to see this feature. It's also far too easy to skip through dialogue. The constant tapping to chop trees is extremely frustrating ;(

minato_gzenx

Newcomer
x2
It's been kinda disappointing the status of the mobile port when compared to even the Vita version. No propper hold actions, the GUI all over the place and incomplete control schemes like closing your inventory with the same button you used to open it!