I missed a heart event please help

I've never used a forum, but I think this is how it works.

I got invited by Sam to go see his concert in Zuzu city. I was told to go to the bus stop at 4pm but I forgot. The in-game time is midnight, but I have the game paused. should I restart the day and try to remember what I got done or will it pop back up later? also will I lose hearts with Sam for missing his concert?

Elenna101

Farmer
You can do it on any day, not just the day you get the letter. (And no, you wouldn't lose hearts even if you somehow never got the event.)

imnvs

Local Legend
As Elenna said, you don't have to go that day. You can go ANY day. In fact, I've forgotten about it and as I'm going about my chores accidently stumbled into that heart event on at least two different playthroughs.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I was very conscientious with the concert and went on the day (which resulted in a silent concert with my first farmer because I had turned the music off because my daughter had been playing a CD earlier...), but I think I went nearly two seasons for taking a bass to Jodi and Kent's and even longer before I remembered to linger in Caroline's tea room long enough to get Abigail's 8 heart event... the game is kind and knows we farmers can include people who lose track of time.

Pangaearocks

Planter
Turns out I had missed several heart events with Elliot. He has written his book, I've been to the reading, and he complimented me. Then I took a gander inside his cabin, and two hearts events played back-to-back. Including where he asks me what style of writing I like, and complaining about how difficult it is to write the book that he has already completed 😅

It was nice to actually see those events, but it did cause some issues with the time continuum 🙃

However, from what I read on the wiki, it is no longer possible to see Clint's older heart event because I've seen some advanced heart events of Emily's.

When I married Sebastian, I got his 10 Hearts Event a couple of weeks after the wedding. Something like a catch-up honeymoon. That was nice. 😄

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Turns out I had missed several heart events with Elliot. He has written his book, I've been to the reading, and he complimented me. Then I took a gander inside his cabin, and two hearts events played back-to-back. Including where he asks me what style of writing I like, and complaining about how difficult it is to write the book that he has already completed 😅

It was nice to actually see those events, but it did cause some issues with the time continuum 🙃

However, from what I read on the wiki, it is no longer possible to see Clint's older heart event because I've seen some advanced heart events of Emily's.
Yeah. I had that happen with Elliott the first time, too.

Clint's relationship with Emily changes after her later heart events, so that might explain why his event becomes inaccessible. Elliott just gets into a time loop with himself, not anyone else.

(personally if I were ConcernedApe, I would just add a condition to Elliott's later event that you have to see the earlier ones for it to trigger, and a letter earlier explicitly inviting you into his cabin so you don't. These conditions exist for other events, so...)

Pangaearocks

Planter
(personally if I were ConcernedApe, I would just add a condition to Elliott's later event that you have to see the earlier ones for it to trigger, and a letter earlier explicitly inviting you into his cabin so you don't. These conditions exist for other events, so...)
Good point, this sounds like a good idea. I see there is talk of a 1.6 update, with maybe some new content as well, so we can hope he does tiny fixes like this too. Though I suspect he himself is mostly occupied with the new game, while other team members are working on SDV.

imnvs

Local Legend
Good point, this sounds like a good idea. I see there is talk of a 1.6 update, with maybe some new content as well, so we can hope he does tiny fixes like this too. Though I suspect he himself is mostly occupied with the new game, while other team members are working on SDV.
We've been told that 1.6 is mostly going to be mod support, but that there may be some small amount of content updates with that update.