Windows [HELP] Can't connect multiplayer

tomaso123

Newcomer
Hello.

The game opens normally, co-op screen too, but when i try to select my character on my gf server, the game goes black screen, then freezes with the message "stardew valley is not responding". The music of the main menu still plays, and the icons of music and fullscren appear, but i can't connect.
We always play together, but now i can't connect. Even on singleplayer it shows an infinite "connecting" screen.

This is how it looks: https://imgur.com/UrV3wha

Rosanica

Newcomer
Hello! I also have this issue, I cannot fully connect to any co-op stardew valley save. Whether it be a new farm I've created, a previous one I've hosted for others before... Joining someone elses (new or old) etc etc. Like the above comment, if I try to join I'll get an infinite black screen that'll freeze and give a 'not responding' message... Or I'll open my own farm and given a "Connecting...." that will last as long as my patience will before I try to reload or validate my files or anything. The screenshot; Link show's this connecting window I'll be shown. This being the same window; just on my old farm that has had two others successfully join throughout the last year! Link

I've attempted to completely reinstall steam, reinstall stardew, validate its files, check for corruption through my hard drive... And anything else that the depths of the internet has suggested. I used to love playing co-op with people, it's one of my favorite aspects of the game! I hope this is checked upon soon, this has been happening for at least a month or two now!