Got a dinosaur egg

oliver

Tiller
for some reason the forum wont let me upload posts because they're "too large" even if i upload to imgur and redownload or something.

But I decided to do my first run in skull cavern, got to level 85 but got a dinosaur egg. I've put it in the incubator and I'm assuming I'll have a dinosaur but what else does it do and is it valuable?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
(how big were the images? you can upload up to 2048kb)

congrats on getting dino egg!!!
to add to the above post, you should also donate the first dino egg your dino lays to the museum, since it's considered an artifact

Frost

Tiller
Never Donate the First Dinosaur Egg to the Museum. Incubate it, and the hatched Dinosaur will lay new ones for you. It's quite hard to find, and you'll waste it by donating it to the Museum.

Cole

Farmhand
You made the right move by incubating your first egg. It’s important that you raise a happy dinosaur so that you can receive multiple eggs. The eggs have a couple of uses. First off, you can make dinosaur mayo with them. Dinosaur mayo is used in a
The “Lost Bundle”
as well as being a requirement for the full shipment achievement. You can also use it in a sewing machine to make a cute pair of Dino pants. The egg itself is also considered an artifact so you can donate it to complete your collection.

As you can see, dinosaur eggs are an incredibly important artifact to acquire for completionist purposes. It was a very rough time before pepper rexes were added as you had to rely completely on rng to get an egg.

Jokeson

Greenhorn
I definitely would put it in an incubator. though you won't be able to donate it to the museum, you will still get an egg eventually. That also helps you later to get some dino mayo because it is in the "missing bundle", which gets you the movie theater.