Fix mobile slingshot general

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
For years I’ve heard that the mobile slingshot had problems and for years I just never used it when playing mobile.

Until recently, I’ve been wanting to push 1-2k iridium ore on a mobile run and it’s only really possible (for further along in that range) by using the slingshot.

Now for reference I’m already quite skilled with the slingshot on pc, I can use both methods of drawback perfectly and prefer pullback over point and shoot due to the speed. I also use the joystick and buttonscontrol scheme on mobile as it’s basically the only one that is reliable and doesn’t heavily depends on finicky features such as tap to move and auto attack (not hating on these they carried my first mobile playthroughs years ago, it’s just really hard to play to any high level with them).

when I first tried out the slingshot it seemed to work fine until I realized it was completely impossible to shoot downwards. Ok I was limited to about 100 degrees of the upper hemisphere but I guess the slingshot could be situationally useful…
But it’s also impossible to really choose where you shoot in that 100 degree range, you only seem to have 3 preset direction you can aim, upper right, upper left, and about 10 degrees clockwise of upper left.

there is also no option to choose between drawback and point and shoot and the slingshot seems to be a weird mix of them?When I drag the in game joystick to the right I usually shoot left but when I draw it to the left I also usually shoot left?
I seem to have to do a weird mix of running to the right, quickly pausing, and shooting right to actually shoot right in the one preset direction to the right that works?
And this only seems to succeed when there is a wall nearby and otherwise it defaults to shooting upper left which it just solely shoots towards.

and any attempt to shoot outside of those 100 degrees just fails. The animation plays where the character draws the tiny slingshot back but then it just doesn’t shoot anything or it shoots to the upper left again.

With solely tap to move the slingshot works but still no option to swap between different shooting methods. As said before though solely tap to move isn’t all that great

those are just some thoughts I have, the controls for slingshot honestly aren’t too bad it just needs to work with all the control schemes.