Farmer Passing Out Event

TetriLys

Tiller
Hello!

I've always played SDV in a carefree, non-planned sort of way, but I thought I would try a different tactic with my new 1.6 save by creating my own sort of story and lore - kind of like Sims lol
I'm unsure if it's possible to actually plan this or if the outcome is randomly generated, but I want my farmer to 'meet' Harvey via Harvey being called to her farm after someone finds her passed out. According to the SDV Wiki, there are four possible outcomes - which I highlighted in bold text:
Passing out
The player can stay awake until 2am, after which their character will pass out. This means the player is unable to be active after 2am, even if they have energy remaining. If the character passes out outside their Farmhouse or Cabin, they will wake up in bed, having been dragged there by either a JojaMart medical team, Linus, Marlon, or Dr. Harvey if they are not married to him. In each case 10% of the player's money, up to a maximum of
Gold.png
1,000g (or
Gold.png
2,500g in the Volcano Dungeon), will be lost. The details of this transaction will appear as a letter in the player's mailbox the next day, although Linus does not count the money lost (the amount is still stored in the save file). There is no penalty for falling asleep while inside a Farmhouse or Cabin. In a multiplayer game, any player that passes out will be announced in chat, even if they are inside the farmhouse.
So, my question is this: is there a specific thing I have to do to make the 'event' (which, honestly, is really just a letter from him the next morning) feature Harvey? Do I need to pass out in a specific location? Pass out at 2am or pass out from exhaustion? Make sure I spend all of my money first? Or is it all just randomly generated? I've made my poor farmer pass out every evening, and have only gotten Linus and the Joja team. I feel like I should just keep doing that until I get Harvey, but it's getting a bit repetitive and - frankly - unfair to my poor farmer lol.

Thank you for reading my silly little inquiry. Any feedback is appreciated <3

For me, it usually happens when i pass out in the desert mines. Maybe try that? I’d love to read your story (if that is what you’re doing, I’m a bit slow) when you finish! Good luck!

Ereo

Helper
For me, it usually happens when i pass out in the desert mines. Maybe try that? I’d love to read your story (if that is what you’re doing, I’m a bit slow) when you finish! Good luck!
I think when you pass out at 2 am it is random, but if you get killed by monsters in skull cavern you will wake up in his clinic (which honestly is a better story than the letter anyways).

TetriLys

Tiller
I have been writing a story, but have been shy about publishing it. Perhaps this is a sign I should share it <3 Thank you for the good luck wishes!

ArtifactSpot

Hello!

I've always played SDV in a carefree, non-planned sort of way, but I thought I would try a different tactic with my new 1.6 save by creating my own sort of story and lore - kind of like Sims lol
I'm unsure if it's possible to actually plan this or if the outcome is randomly generated, but I want my farmer to 'meet' Harvey via Harvey being called to her farm after someone finds her passed out. According to the SDV Wiki, there are four possible outcomes - which I highlighted in bold text:

So, my question is this: is there a specific thing I have to do to make the 'event' (which, honestly, is really just a letter from him the next morning) feature Harvey? Do I need to pass out in a specific location? Pass out at 2am or pass out from exhaustion? Make sure I spend all of my money first? Or is it all just randomly generated? I've made my poor farmer pass out every evening, and have only gotten Linus and the Joja team. I feel like I should just keep doing that until I get Harvey, but it's getting a bit repetitive and - frankly - unfair to my poor farmer lol.

Thank you for reading my silly little inquiry. Any feedback is appreciated <3
I’m not exactly sure what the plan is as you’ll just get billed by him and he tells you to go to bed at reasonable hour and take better care of yourself. If your health goes to 0 you will wake up on one of his clinic beds. He’s sweet as can be, why don’t you just talk to him? He’s always my in game spouse.

Alysha

Farmhand
Perhaps this is a sign I should share it <3
I would love to read your story. I wouldn't be too worried about sharing it. Everyone on these forums are so wholesome. But it's completely okay if you want to keep it to yourself:)