Define "chaos"

Ellajoy

Rancher
please Define "Chaos" for me from your viewpoint.
For me one word is all I need and that word is "Sunday" why, you ask?
I get up at 6:30 to go to church.
Come home from church at 9:30.
Go to church for the middle-schooler service at 11:50.
Come home at around 2:30.
Leave for AWANA at 4:00.
6:00 AWANA's over and life group starts. AT A DIFFERENT CHURCH.
come home at 7:30ish.
Go to bed at 8:30.

Ellajoy

Rancher
Sure, I just have three sisters who don't care one bit about the schedule.
Plus my mom will insist on being VERY early to everything.
I also would like to note that the two churches are half an hour apart and life groups starts at the exact same time as AWANA finishes, plus, AWANA always runs late.

Reactions: Tom

Ellajoy

Rancher
A whole day of church followed by church followed by church followed by church, though? Yikes. See, I was raised Catholic and had to do church only twice on Sundays and once on Wednesdays... but four times in a day? That just seems excessive.
Well, it is really only two services.
Life groups and AWANA are just like a group of friends to talk with, though it is mainly about God and Christianity. Plus, I like all my Sunday events.

Reactions: Tom

Boo1972

Farmer
The following story is true:

At 4:00 in the morning, the cat wakes me up. He wants food and attention. He is followed closely by my 6 year old, crying and screaming. He doesn’t want to sleep in his bed and everyone “is breathing too loud”. I close all the doors and settle on the couch with him. Unfortunately, I am also breathing too loud. As I struggle to stay awake, I am aware of a electrical tingle down my neck and spine and pain in my head- a migraine has been triggered.

I am poked awake by my 10th grader, who needs a ride to school. I get up and am immediately hit by a wave of nausea and an intense headache. Thankfully, it’s cloudy which subdues the sunrise. I stumble home after dropping him off and greet my oldest who needs a ride to work. Neither of us thinks I can make it. I wake my husband and collapse in bed.

I wake up after 9; my 6 and 12 year olds should already be at school. I wake them up and drag myself downstairs, keeping the house as dark as possible, I start to make peanut butter and jelly but I can’t find the loaf of just purchased bread. Did the teenagers eat an entire loaf in less than a day? I search the entire kitchen and pantry twice, finally accepting defeat and throwing an assortment of fruit and snacks into lunch boxes.

My 6 year old has been a constant whine of “I hate school, I don’t want to go. I’m too tired.” I snap, “No one cares. Everyone is tired.You’re going to school.” He stomps upstairs and comes down dressed- in shorts. I send him outside to check the weather. He screams in the cold.

“Do we really have to go to school?”, asks 12.

I tell her she better not forget anything because it will stay here. I grab 6’s winter coat and notice a sleeve is inside out. His thermos is stuck In His coat sleeve. I untangle it and toss the backpack and thermos into the car. I head back inside and notice the loaf of bread lying by the house. I had tripped over a snow shovel while carrying in the groceries yesterday. I had been so pleased I caught the $7 jar of Alfredo sauce (an indulgence) that I failed to see the bread go airborne, landing behind the bikes.

We were 2 hours late to school.

Chaos.

Ellajoy

Rancher
The following story is true:

At 4:00 in the morning, the cat wakes me up. He wants food and attention. He is followed closely by my 6 year old, crying and screaming. He doesn’t want to sleep in his bed and everyone “is breathing too loud”. I close all the doors and settle on the couch with him. Unfortunately, I am also breathing too loud. As I struggle to stay awake, I am aware of a electrical tingle down my neck and spine and pain in my head- a migraine has been triggered.

I am poked awake by my 10th grader, who needs a ride to school. I get up and am immediately hit by a wave of nausea and an intense headache. Thankfully, it’s cloudy which subdues the sunrise. I stumble home after dropping him off and greet my oldest who needs a ride to work. Neither of us thinks I can make it. I wake my husband and collapse in bed.

I wake up after 9; my 6 and 12 year olds should already be at school. I wake them up and drag myself downstairs, keeping the house as dark as possible, I start to make peanut butter and jelly but I can’t find the loaf of just purchased bread. Did the teenagers eat an entire loaf in less than a day? I search the entire kitchen and pantry twice, finally accepting defeat and throwing an assortment of fruit and snacks into lunch boxes.

My 6 year old has been a constant whine of “I hate school, I don’t want to go. I’m too tired.” I snap, “No one cares. Everyone is tired.You’re going to school.” He stomps upstairs and comes down dressed- in shorts. I send him outside to check the weather. He screams in the cold.

“Do we really have to go to school?”, asks 12.

I tell her she better not forget anything because it will stay here. I grab 6’s winter coat and notice a sleeve is inside out. His thermos is stuck In His coat sleeve. I untangle it and toss the backpack and thermos into the car. I head back inside and notice the loaf of bread lying by the house. I had tripped over a snow shovel while carrying in the groceries yesterday. I had been so pleased I caught the $7 jar of Alfredo sauce (an indulgence) that I failed to see the bread go airborne, landing behind the bikes.

We were 2 hours late to school.

Chaos.
I just watched the entire thing in my head. Yeah, chaos.