PC [BUG] Old Master Cannoli taking other items instead of Sweet Gem Berry

cockroachtown

Greenhorn
I just ran into this issue, I can't find any other information on it, I'm sorry if it's old.

Happened in 1.5 unmoded singleplayer on PC. I don't have any mods installed, including smapi.

I ran into it when offering Master Cannoli the Sweet Gem Berry in the Secret Woods, switched to my weapon to kill a slime immediately after triggering the event, my weapon disappeared from my inventory but I retained the Sweet Gem Berry. The weapon was a Kudgel if it matters.

It happened after activating the statue, then immediately switching to my weapon, not having the weapon selected when receiving the Stardrop.

I can't restart the day, so I'll try and replicate the glitch on a different file when I have time to play up to Fall, and confirm if it's replicable with all items or just the Kudgel because I'm curious if it's specific to the event or item ID related like the Prismatic Shard wallpaper exploit unless anybody else has run into this and can confirm it happens with other items. Like I said I can't find information on this anywhere, sorry if this is well known.