About One Of The Waterfalls...

I don't know the conditions required or if it's just pure luck, but here goes: not only did I happen to catch a rainbow at the Cindersap Forest waterfall, but there was a POT OF GOLD at the end of the rainbow!

I instinctively picked it up before I took the screenshot, so sorry about that. In the pot was 200 gold. As a partially Irish man who takes St. Pat's Day seriously, I am quite flattered.

And even more so as I just found out that the pot had a Leprechaun Hat!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

I don't know the conditions required or if it's just pure luck, but here goes: not only did I happen to catch a rainbow at the Cindersap Forest waterfall, but there was a POT OF GOLD at the end of the rainbow!

I instinctively picked it up before I took the screenshot, so sorry about that. In the pot was 200 gold. As a partially Irish man who takes St. Pat's Day seriously, I am quite flattered.

And even more so as I just found out that the pot had a Leprechaun Hat!!!!!!
Was that rainbow after a rainy day or something. Way cool! I like how this update refocuses on the inherent beauty in Stardew Valley and not as much on GI. Not that GI isn’t special and beautiful just takes focus away from valley itself which is way cool in and of itself.

ArtifactSpot

Honestly the ambiance of the Waterfalls is the BEST thing about the new update. I cannot tell you how much they just fit and add to the Stardewness of the Valley. They are perfect and scattered throughout a number of different places.
Exactly. Back to the beautiful basics of adding further beauty to the Stardewness magic of the valley.🥰

Extra pets and waterfalls, I’m getting a little less scared of this update. Screw Mr Qi annd perfection and enjoy the rest. 😄 That man is a villain I swear. Heebie Jeebies after that cutscene if you use sword to get to summit. Traumatizing.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Was that rainbow after a rainy day or something. Way cool! I like how this update refocuses on the inherent beauty in Stardew Valley and not as much on GI. Not that GI isn’t special and beautiful just takes focus away from valley itself which is way cool in and of itself.
It's just for that special day, Spring 17 to pseudo-match St. Patrick's Day (ehhhmmmm which is still Winnteeerrrr irl.....). That said, I think I saved that day so can play it again as I thought the rainbow was just a very small overlay next to the pot o' gold. Lemme see…

Edit: just checked, it's larger and very beautiful. No spoilers, best experienced in-game.

Last edited:

ArtifactSpot

Oh cool! I’m Catholic so big St Patrick fan. Do you get a treasure chest that day by the rainbow?

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oh cool! I’m Catholic so big St Patrick fan. Do you get a treasure chest that day by the rainbow?
Yes! I forgot to count it but Umbra of Emberspike posted that it's 200g, that's pretty good only 2+ weeks into the game. And you get the overly large Leprechaun Hat as well which isn't a great fashion accessory, but along with the Leprechaun Shoes you can get from Train Crossing drops I think I have my Spirit's Eve costume for this year!