1.5 ONLY Discussion thread

MogBeoulve

Farmer
What's a good amount of spring forage seeds to plant to ensure 12 leeks for Evelyn's quest?

So far, my plan is:
Have Ginger Island unlocked
Deluxe speed-grow
Sprinklers
Check for forage on Saturdays
Hope I get the quest in early spring

VampireCake

Rancher
What's a good amount of spring forage seeds to plant to ensure 12 leeks for Evelyn's quest?

So far, my plan is:
Deluxe speed-grow
Sprinklers
I'd also make sure you have the foraging perk that gives you double harvest chance.

edit: spring seeds have a 1 in 4 chance to be a leek, so minimum 48? That's without any double harvest chance though, but it is exactly the range of 2 iridium sprinklers. :cool:

Last edited:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I'd also make sure you have the foraging perk that gives you double harvest chance.

edit: spring seeds have a 1 in 4 chance to be a leek, so minimum 48? That's without any double harvest chance though, but it is exactly the range of 2 iridium sprinklers. :cool:
Oh, I didn't know it was equal chances for all types of forage. Thank you!

I took the lumberjack professions, unfortunately. I'll save up seeds and keep them where I won't accidentally use them up for tea saplings!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend

So far, my plan is:
Deluxe speed-grow
Sprinklers
1/4 for leeks so you'll Ideally want about 50m however you can also always forage leeks, I usually find about 6 leeks during spring without any effort so I'd say 40 is a good amount and 30 will suffice.

Draconifors

Sodbuster
My experience is that leeks become kinda scarce once you accept that quest, so be generous with it.
I had the same experience. Only done the quest once so far, though.

I did find enough leeks, thanks to the generous time limit, but they definitely seemed rare compared to before I accepted the quest. I kept finding everything except leeks.

Then again, that's how it usually goes: when you don't need something, you find plenty of it. When you do need it, it mysteriously becomes a rare find. :D

Lew Zealand

Helper
Oh, I didn't know it was equal chances for all types of forage. Thank you!

I took the lumberjack professions, unfortunately. I'll save up seeds and keep them where I won't accidentally use them up for tea saplings!
It's equal chances but that means it could also skew strongly away from Leeks (thank you randomness) so overplanting is something to consider to guarantee enough. That said, adding Foraging for more like FilthyGorilla mentioned will probably get you there with ~50 planted.

stardew_luv

Sodbuster

So far, my plan is:
Deluxe speed-grow
Sprinklers
I try to have at least 50-70. I know it’s sounds overkill but those leeks become impossible to find once that quest is activated, at least in 1.5. Maybe they fixed it in the new one. Also it always seems leeks pop up in smaller numbers once planted to during that quest. Maybe it’s in my head but after tons of playthroughs that seems to be the case for me. If your lucky to have completed CC or had enough money to buy Joja full repairs then plant those suckers on ginger island spring 1 yr 2 or close thereto…or whenever you unlock it later. Iin case the quest pops up, if not they are there for spring of the following year you unlock it. Don harvest ANY leeks until that quest next comes. You can harvest the rest just be careful not to get the leeks lol.

Jayamos

Farmer
I try to have at least 50-70. I know it’s sounds overkill but those leeks become impossible to find once that quest is activated, at least in 1.5. Maybe they fixed it in the new one.
I can attest that it was not fixed. I got close, though…

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I try to have at least 50-70. I know it’s sounds overkill but those leeks become impossible to find once that quest is activated, at least in 1.5. Maybe they fixed it in the new one. Also it always seems leeks pop up in smaller numbers once planted to during that quest. Maybe it’s in my head but after tons of playthroughs that seems to be the case for me. If your lucky to have completed CC or had enough money to buy Joja full repairs then plant those suckers on ginger island spring 1 yr 2 or close thereto…or whenever you unlock it later. Iin case the quest pops up, if not they are there for spring of the following year you unlock it. Don harvest ANY leeks until that quest next comes. You can harvest the rest just be careful not to get the leeks lol.
Leeks are just rare in general (they only spawn on a couple map areas), you just only notice when you actually need them

MogBeoulve

Farmer
It honestly never occurred to me to pre-grow the leeks and then leave them there until the quest pops. That is absolute genius. I wouldn't even need the speed grow, just some planning and patience (I'm good at those). But I might do the speed grow just to be snarky about it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It honestly never occurred to me to pre-grow the leeks and then leave them there until the quest pops. That is absolute genius. I wouldn't even need the speed grow, just some planning and patience (I'm good at those). But I might do the speed grow just to be snarky about it.
Ohhh shoot, that's totally a strat, and since they're forage you can just leave them without scarecrow or watering once they're grown until you get the quest or the end of spring rolls around