Please Read REPORT 1.5 MOBILE ISSUES HERE! (UPDATED FEB 20)

ddak_pul

Newcomer
Type of phone: Android / Samsung Galaxy S8

Details of your issue:
1. The horse is still missing after an emergency load. I updated my game to the latest/the most recent patch.

2. Both at-home/mini sewing machine and Emily's sewing machine do not work. It glitches whenever I try to input any cloth or an item to tailor it. The machine just "throws out" an item and does not accept it.

3. The toolbar size does not stay consistent after an emergency load. I set it to 60, but whenever I do emergency load, the size enlarges all of a sudden. This did not happen in a previous update (pre-1.5 update) so I think this is a bug that came with the 1.5 update.
I found another issue. The shipping bin deposits disappear after an emergency load. I know this was supposed to be fixed after the most recent patch (January 8th), but mine still persists. I did update the game to its most recent patch too.

Thank you all for the hard work!

HelpMe

Greenhorn
Can’t put hardwood on the chest or eggs in the refrigerator to complete quests. Serious bugs with inventory - please fix. Want to play but don’t want these quests to end due to time.

rialouise

Newcomer
minor issue, but on my iphone 11, since the update, I haven’t been able to play any audio other than the game audio without the game freezing. It’s a bit annoying because I love chilling out with an audiobook or music and stardew valley, sorry for replying I wasn’t sure how else to post.

Lord Cathao

Cowpoke
Samsung A71 Android 13 latest patch of 9 Jan installed
This bug still exists: On Saturdays when husband Elliot is giving the dog water, Elliot is nowhere. Not in front of the house as usual and not in the house. On Saturdays Elliot is eliminated from the whole game (when he's the husband).
Did you check that little patch up north of your drop-off bin? I was having this problem with Penny too yesterday, then remembered Emily used to go there alot. She was sitting in the cubby.

Yamo chan

Greenhorn
Hey everyone!

The 1.5 update is out on mobile devices now, so we can start collecting reports of any potential problems. If you encounter any issue in this update, please post below and give as much information as you can:

We'll be redirecting mobile 1.5 related posts to this thread to try to keep it all in one place. Thank you!
Please don't reply to this post! We'll see your report, I promise!

NOTE: The updates "roll out", which means that only a small % of players (randomly chosen) will have it at first, which ramp up afterwards. If you don't yet have these updates, you will, so please be patient! If your issue is listed in the patches below, please ensure you are fully updated before reporting.

1/7 6:30 PM PST:
the first bug-fix patch is incoming, and includes:
-Fixed crash involving children
-Auto-grabber inventories now function properly
-Fixed toolbar being stuck when using toolbar padding
-Fixed Junimos not depositing their harvests into the hut
-Virtual buttons no longer draw during intro
-Horse is now easier to dismount
-Foraging while on a horse is now re-enabled
-Fixed issue where you could get stuck outside the map if you dismounted a horse
-Fixed inability to tap geodes onto Clint's anvil
-Increased size of Korean text
-Added Chinese language back into the game

1/8 8:00PM PST:
the second bug fix patch is incoming:
-Fixed crash if you "emergency load" and have junimo huts
-Fixed issue where NPC's were found in strange places, and walking where they aren't supposed to
-Fixed issue where the horse was missing after an emergency load
-Fixed issue where shipping bin deposits would be lost after an emergency load
-Fixed animals getting stuck outside and becoming upset
-Fixed issue where cursors were showing up in menus
-Fixed inability to advance text during the "Solarian Chronicles" event
-Fixed issue where auto-grabbers were erroneously showing as "full"
-Restored the missing starter quest
-Tapping on supply crates now auto-selects an appropriate tool
-Fixed pathfinding issue with the secret fishing spot in the Beach Farm
-"Add items to stacks" button added to chests

entlein

Newcomer
Device: iPad Air 3rd-gen, iOS 16.

Bug: After the cut scene in Willy's shop where he tells you about the back room (but doesn't show you what's inside), the "dock creaking" background noise that can be heard doesn't stop playing even after leaving the shop and the beach. Only restarting the game stops it.

Let me know if this is unclear.

Yamo chan

Greenhorn
iPhone X, iOS 16.0.2
Not really a bug, more of a request. I find the text, icons and selection bars are just the PC versions but on a smaller screen. There is a lot of blank space that can be used to make text bigger and it would be nice to have bigger selection bars so you don’t accidentally choose the wrong action. And icons (like trash can, food, the slider for increasing purchases) /character add-ons are also smaller now.

Attachments

Styx1904

Greenhorn
Type of phone: iPad Pro (1st gen)
Details of your issue:
1- In the carpenter shop, impossible to drop the 80 hardwood to complete robin special order. I can’t even select them, and the size of the inventory seems off (it’s off centered)
2- The menu to paint buildings is really hard to use: the 3 bars (for hue, saturation and lightness) are very close to each other. I always accidentaly click on the wrong one, and often can’t even select them if the sliders are a bit too close.

Screenshots/video:
8A5B5F53-E551-43E9-875F-EBAFFCFE4E27.png
EEEFC902-C42F-4D69-A0DE-D7B8E5E3641E.png

Lynn.

Newcomer
iPhone 7 Plus
Since this new update the size of the characters dialog has changed, it has become wider and the lowercase letters are this has been bothering me a lot I have already tried to change the size but apparently there is not this option in the menu, only to change the size of the toolbar that for me is ok, but the dialogue and shopping was very small this greatly affects my experience in the game, First image is the before (which was perfect) and this has not only changed in the dialogues it also changed the shopping bar, that of the inventory, unfortunately with everything small like this has to force the view

Attachments

Last edited:

sa1105

Greenhorn
This isn't really a bug but is it possible to add a bit more spacing between the bars when changing the colours of buildings? I find it really difficult to select with them so close together <3

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Yeqve

Cowpoke
Hi there, please find the bug below:

Bug: App crashes after continuing where user left off

Type of phone:
Google Pixel 6 (Android 13)

Details of issue:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open app and load game from where user previously left off
2. See game starts where user left off (Beginning of a new day, in the farm). Wait for a few seconds.

Actual result: App crashes.

Additional details: Seems like it happens if I try to continue where I left off. If I don't, it works fine so far!

Screenshots/video: as attached (sorry I can't upload the vid bc file is too large :( )

Thank you for your hard work and congrats on the new release 🎉

UPDATE 09/01/23: This is fixed and works ok now. Thanks so much!
Update

valentimes

Greenhorn
Super excited to play the new update! Just one big issue though.
Phone: Samsung Note9
Issue: The game crashes after a couple minutes of playing, and resets to the beginning of the day. I re-lived Fall 15 like seven times before I finally gave up and came here 🥲 There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the crashes, either- one crash was after I pet my child, one was while riding my horse across town square, one was after giving my spouse a gift, one was while rearranging furniture, etc...
Oh, and the toolbar and date icon are huge, and keep resetting themselves to be huge every time I make them smaller again in settings- but that's more of a minor annoyance. I'm mostly concerned about the game crashing constantly.
Okay, I've been playing a lot since I made this post and have a couple things to add.
First, the crashing issue on old save files (ones that needed to be ported over from 1.4) seems to be gone, which is great. I played a few more in-game days until I hit the Valley Fair festival, where I noticed two new bugs: the screen is zoomed in to the point where I can't access the menu button, and my two children aren't present with my spouse (Elliott).

I also started an entirely new farm after the update to see if there were any bugs that didn't have to do with the saves being "old", and found a few. Sometimes when I click out of a board in the community center, my screen freezes- except for my toolbar, which I can still access normally. The only way to unfreeze the rest of the screen is to shut down the game and start it back up.
Second, there have been several times where NPCs seem to lose their place on the map and wander around outside of their bounds: everyone in the saloon gathering in Gus's room (multiple nights), Pierre completely disappearing from the map for a day, Shane walking in a loop in his house (through the walls)-- he would occasionally stop walking the loop and would get stuck in a cycle of animations (shocked, holding a camcorder, drinking, etc) and then would get "unstuck" and continue the loop. I have a video of it but the file is too big to upload here.
20230110_131757.jpg
20230110_131946.jpg

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
oney etc, it gets stuck on the black screen that says “Saving…” and never loads. If I close the app and re open it, the ”save from where you previously left off” thing comes up but it doesn’t save most of th
Alrighty, I've had three more obvious (kinda, not completely obvious, but a little) glitches/bugs
1. Skull cavern isn't showing what level you're on. If I'm on an infested level it'll give a skull, but other than that, nothing (I might be wrong that it should be showing one, I just don't know how I'm supposed to know if I reached floor 100 without it)
View attachment 13405
2. Flower power when zooming. It specifically started when I was down in the woods (after leaving the secret woods for me, I don't recall if it had been doing it before I entered the secret woods) it did continue for the rest of the day though
View attachment 13406
3. I don't have evidence for this one so I'll track it extra carefully the next time I try it, but (I believe, there is the slightest chance I just majorly misplaced it) I shipped my last item from before the new update (a dinosaur egg) and it hasn't shown up as having ever been shipped in my shipped items chart/thing. I checked whether that would be repeated with the only new item I've gotten so far but that showed up perfectly fine. Like I said, I can't promise this happened, but I thought I'd mention it because I'm fairly certain that it did (I'll update this as soon as I get my next dino egg)
Thanks for the detailed reports. I've been investigating the shipping bin issues with emergency saves and you're right that there is still some issues there. Hopefully they should be fixed in the next patch

TracyBucks

Greenhorn
Device: iPad Pro 12.9inch 4th gen

when trying to finish Willy’s juicy bugs wanted quest I can’t put the bug meat in the barrel. The only thing on the screen when trying that works is the X to leave the screen. Edit: can not do this for any one the quests. View attachment 13049View attachment 13048
I also just ran into the same problem with my device (iPad Pro, 12.9 inch, 5th generation). I checked the app store and installed the update (1.5.6.34) that was released a few hours ago, but this problem still persists.