If 1.5 only added one new feature, what would you want it to be?

Bellimoon

Cowpoke
I've read a lot of good features mentioned, which I would totally love to see in the game! Especially the dating/marriage/children revamp, since it loses novelty quickly since it's so boring... But a relatively minor change I also would love to see is a change to the Blacksmith's Shop mechanics :/ I hate not being able to shop or process geodes while Clint is "working" on upgrading tools! I know two days is not a long time to wait, but it is frustrating to bring home a lot of geodes from the mines and not able to crack them open while I'm waiting on a tool :( It's irksome to see his sprite standing there at the front desk and him refusing to do any work LOL

DisGuy

Farmhand
I think adding the harvesting with scythe to the vanilla game has been suggested multiple times, I feel that the non mod using farmers are missing out on this huge quality of life,
maybe after getting the golden scythe you can finally upgrade it to iridium scythe or galaxy scythe even via iridium or prismatic.

Adenia

Greenhorn
Same, dialogue or festivals here.

(Also this avatar is so cute I can't bring myself to change it.)
I have to disagree on the festivals. There are So. Many! I wouldn't mind so much except for those that don't start until late at night but the shops are closed all day, puts a huge cramp in my plans! LOL

I'm most enamored with Tenebrous Nova's fishing trip idea. I so enjoy the night market deep sea diving but it does make you want to go on more fishing excursions more often!

Firehoshi

Sodbuster
a sign/book etc where you can assign spouse/children to a task other. as my animals are auto fed and plants watered automatically.. the spouse.. is a bit useless?
like maybe spouse could pick up grown food and put in in a certain chest?
empty/rebait fish traps?

goboking

Rancher
I think adding the harvesting with scythe to the vanilla game has been suggested multiple times, I feel that the non mod using farmers are missing out on this huge quality of life,
maybe after getting the golden scythe you can finally upgrade it to iridium scythe or galaxy scythe even via iridium or prismatic.
I'd be lying if I said the golden scythe next to my iridium tools didn't have me wondering if I have a mild form of OCD.

I would love to see my character having a cooking/baking animation instead of just clicking on what I can make by just having the ingredients.
An animation with a minigame that determines the quality of the dish being cooked would be a 1.5 dream come true for me.

goboking

Rancher
But a relatively minor change I also would love to see is a change to the Blacksmith's Shop mechanics :/ I hate not being able to shop or process geodes while Clint is "working" on upgrading tools! I know two days is not a long time to wait, but it is frustrating to bring home a lot of geodes from the mines and not able to crack them open while I'm waiting on a tool :( It's irksome to see his sprite standing there at the front desk and him refusing to do any work LOL
Let us buy a hammer and anvil for our farms so we can crack our own geodes open. We'd still have to pay Clint to upgrade our tools, so it's not like he'd go out of business. Heck, the amount of coal I buy from him alone should be enough for him to retire on.

Firehoshi

Sodbuster
Let us buy a hammer and anvil for our farms so we can crack our own geodes open. We'd still have to pay Clint to upgrade our tools, so it's not like he'd go out of business. Heck, the amount of coal I buy from him alone should be enough for him to retire on.
yes! I'd love to open my own geodes!

slinkywheel

Greenhorn
Some of the edges of town look like they could be fun to explore but are not part of the game. The cliffs south of the cindersap forest, the plateau north of jojamart, the forest east of clint's, the forest between the willow lane and your farm. Maybe the hills north of the secret woods and south of the desert.

TobbyLobby

Farmhand
I just kind of want for a little alert to pop up when my silo is almost full so I don't miss a ton of hay when I'm not paying attention maybe there is a feature to see that kind of stuff but I haven't found it yet

Bellimoon

Cowpoke
I just kind of want for a little alert to pop up when my silo is almost full so I don't miss a ton of hay when I'm not paying attention maybe there is a feature to see that kind of stuff but I haven't found it yet
Ohh speaking of those darn silos, if you don't manually check your silos, you never know when you're running low/out of hay. I have autograbbers in my animal barns/coops and don't check them daily, so sometimes it'll be a while before I realize my animals haven't been fed in days. I know they don't die, but I feel bad for leaving them without food :( I wish there was a notification alert when you're on your last day of hay

Biscuits

Greenhorn
I would love it if the player could have a birthday. And maybe people who you have X amount of hearts with will give you gifts on your birthday. Maybe during the character creation at the beginning of the game you could select your birthday or maybe just the season it takes place in and the kind of gifts you like or hate. Maybe even a birthday party event that can unlock if you have enough friends with X amount of hearts.

Koin

Greenhorn
Probably more dialouge its kind of boring if they say the same things over and over again.
If not maybe make the kids grow up like jas or vincent? I know theres a mod but it would be much more rewarding if Concerned Ape did it himself, or maybe some new towns or cities itd be fun to roam around Stardew Valley if there were more places to go to and explore.

Flashshifter the one who made SVE mod who knows what most players want and the part about what i loke about SVE is the Pelican Town overhaul a few tweaks here and there adding a few more depth to the other charactets like marlon and asding more npc's that goes well with the story while not so far off that the new npcs are not part of Pelican Town.

Also the part with Andy showing a picture of the house where the mouse that sells you hats before the mouse was there was satisfying to see. I cant wait for Flashshifter to add Grumpeltown

Sorry if i rambled on for too long...

dolce-elegy

Farmhand
I would love the children to be able to grow up. It's the one non-moddable thing that still bugs me about the game. The kids could do chores and maybe have heart events? There could be like three different child personalities that your kid would get assigned randomly and every couple years you could have a new thing unlocked. They could at least pet the animals for you. I would also like to be able to celebrate their birthdays! or at least have it on the calendar.
Man you took the words right out of my mouth! Especially the randomized personalities! I was thinking of how the kids in Harvest Moon (specifically “Another Wonderful Life” because that’s sadly the only real Harvest Moon that I’ve ever gotten to play) would have their personalities determined by which spouse you marry (i.e. marry the party boy you get a lazy kid, marry the hippie you get a shy, artsy kid, marry the other farmer you get a kid who actually does stuff around the farm for you, etc.). And I was originally thinking that it’d be cool to implement something similar in SDV. But then I was thinking that it’d be even cooler to have the kids’ personalities be completely randomized too!

Also celebrating the kids’ birthdays would be amazing and getting to choose a day for ourselves would be amazing as well!

Submortimer

Newcomer
Pie-in-the-sky, never gonna happen level suggestion?

Console mod support.

Less insane, but still lots of work?

Animal-Crossing-style randomized islands to visit, with wandering monsters and stuff to collect. And quests to complete. Maybe even making a new pillar that would sent us to a random island.

More in the realm of possibility?

The ability to turn off pregnancy and turn the kids room into something else, more types of buildings for the farm, and the ability to lay down a grass covering that cant be eaten by animals, but stops my farm from looking like it's just a dirt lot.

Vestiege

Greenhorn
It bothers me that the ducks in game are Mallards because they have green heads, but only the male mallards have green heads irl. So, my male ducks are laying eggs and it bothers me for some reason. Maybe they aren’t supposed to be mallards since it is a fantasy type game, but that’s what I think about every time I look at them.

Broccolihead

Cowpoke
I'd be lying if I said the golden scythe next to my iridium tools didn't have me wondering if I have a mild form of OCD.

An animation with a minigame that determines the quality of the dish being cooked would be a 1.5 dream come true for me.
Maybe we could use the wizard's cauldron, idk if i want to do a minigame all the time. That sounds like something for touchscreen!